1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New eggs set on Veterans day!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by kmsek, Nov 15, 2012.

1. kmsek

kmsek Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2011
    N Fla
    A customer of mine gave me 2 geese eggs! ( i do not WHAT kind they are other than domestic she has white and grey geese ) but i just candled for grins and have 2 embryo's 1/2 in long at 4 DAYS!!! these are gonna be big birds! I also have chicks hatching all mix breeds I hope they are all hens My wife sure is patient w/ me .[​IMG]

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Please be aware geese do not incubate the same as chicken eggs, and need much more hands on during the entire incubation process. They are not nearly as easy as chicken eggs and having them develop and never hatch is common as well. Good luck with them, but wanted you to know these things. There is a sticky at the top you should read as well. Oh and chicken hatches average 50/50 on the rooster/hen ratio so be ready for some crowing as well.

3. acire67

acire67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    Pleasant Valley
    Good luck with your goose eggs(and chicken eggs). I had hatched chicken eggs before, and ducks, but never geese. Someone gave me 5 goose eggs that I had to turn 3 times/day (they were far too large for the egg turner I use with my incubator), and all 5 hatched last week! Even though they looked great when I candled, I can't believe they all made it! Very cute!

4. kmsek

Feb 3, 2011
    N Fla
    that is great, mine are due to hatch on the 16th of Dec had low hatch on chicks four hatched out of 20 got eggs from friend the rooster was a little tapped out w/ 18 hens

5. kmsek

Feb 3, 2011
    N Fla
    17 days to go candled both eggs we got swimmers [​IMG]

6. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Congrats!

7. kmsek

Feb 3, 2011
    N Fla
    Hatched 1 helped 1 hatched is doing great helped has passed on it goes to show if they can't get out do not help them [​IMG]

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Sorry for you loss, pics of gosling when you get a chance. we'd love to see it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by