New Englanders! Much ado about New England!

Im looking for someone in NH, Northern preferably. I'm looking for Americana's (probably not spelled right) Astrolope, or RIR something that lays! But I like the colored eggs also! Also I'm looking for German Giant Angora Rabbits should anyone know of someone and pass the info would be great!

Thanks

Im looking for someone in NH, Northern preferably. I'm looking for Americana's (probably not spelled right) Astrolope, or RIR something that lays! But I like the colored eggs also! Also I'm looking for German Giant Angora Rabbits should anyone know of someone and pass the info would be great!

Thanks

Will do. I have a RIR (production red) roo if you're interested or know of anyone that would like one. He is great with his ladies and doesn't mind us.

Last edited:
Massachusetts chicken keepers here. Between Worcester and Framingham. We have 17 hens; our town does not allow roos.

I am giving a shout to all my NH neighbors cuz I'm trying to find a good breeder of German Shephard puppies but I don't want a puppy mill dog. So if you have any information please email me! Don't delete me! Thanks

Hello everyone!

I'm not exactly new as I've been on and off the site for years but I did recently come back, maybe s couple months ago, and I was talking to someone in MA today and I realized... I've never really talked to anyone in Massachusetts or general New England for that matter. I've talked a lot of people but really none locally and it's always nice to talk to local people SO here I am hahah

A lot of this is in my signature but if you're like me and on mobile, the signatures don't show, soooooo....

I'm Kelsey and from Eastern Massachusetts. We're in a town but we have almost 3 acres. I recently got chickens and they're currently 7 weeks old, turning 8 weeks on Monday. They came from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio, hatch date October 26th. They got here next day. I added a free one so there were originally 9 but one died very early on so we now have 8. I have 1 Barred Rock, 2 Black Australorps, 3 Buff Orpingtons, and 2 Easter Eggers. I ordered all females and so far it looks like they all are.

Also have a dog and a cat. The dog is half Black Lab, half Great Pyrenees and 3 1/2 years old. He will be 4 in March. He came from a small family farm type thing in Western Mass. I actually found him on the eBay Classifieds hahah his name's Gator but we call him Cuddles a lot. :p The cat just came from a local pet store. She's tiny but long hair, rather adorable. She's my cat. She turned 5 in August. Her name's Luna.

Anyway, that's me and I'd just like to possibly meet other Massachusetts and New England people.

Also, has anyone been to Morrisons in Plymouth? Think it's technically an agway? Or the TSC? Wondering about the feed. They're on the Agway stuff, just switched off the medicated, but when they get to laying age I'd like to switch to something else and I'm just curious what out of the feed you guys use.

Back
Top Bottom