new feeders

I did something similar to this for my brooder cage.
106582_img_0532.jpg

I do suggest lowering the pipe so that it only allowes about an 1/8th of an inch for food so spread out. I have done this and have almost zero waste.
106582_img_0529.jpg

I actually dont use mine for capacity as much as for convenience, when I am going to be overnight or something I actually lower mine just like your picture there but only because when I dump alot of feed in when the pipe is at the top it will sometimes spill out a little, I dont really ever get any wasted food but you are correct if the pipe is lower it makes it alot harder to waste any because the bowl portion only gets about 1/3 full so they have to actually put their heads in there to eat

Wow!! Neat idea modifying the chick feeder to adapt a PVC stack with lowered discharge so there won't be any feed waste. Wish I had thought of this 2 or 3 years ago, and posted very detailed info with pics on how to make a waste-free feeder!!! ........... OH, WAIT......I DID!!!!!

I think I'll post a picture of one of the elaborate cabinet name-brand incubators on here in a new thread, and start out by saying "Got tired of the old homemade bator stuff, and decided to invent THIS!!

Forums never cease to amaze me..........

Back
Top Bottom