New Forum Index With Header & Picture Of The Week!!

Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
Hey All,

This took a LOT of work, but I finally got a really cool project completed as a gift to Cindi!

I've created a program that will allow her to simply upload a picture (any size) and it will automatically:

1) Resize the picture
2) Insert the picture on the home page of www.Backyardchickes.com
3) Insert a thumbnail of the picture on the home page of the forum
4) Create a link to the full size image.

PHEW! I actually had to pay a programmer to help me with the tricky stuff, but this should make Cindi's life WAY easier!

For all the naysayers that were concerned out about the move from ezboard... this is a PERFECT example of why moving from there to here is, and will be, a great thing for everyone (even Cindi).

Let me know what you think!

I just had it flick up when I clicked to open a new thread . . . it looks brill
big_smile.png

Ok, quick edit: I'm putting the header / image on the top of every page to see what people think.

Those on dial up (yeah, I'm talking to you). Does this slow down your forum experience with the image on every page? If not, then I might leave it. If it does, I'll only put it on the home page.

smile.png

I appreciate the work, but don't like that at the top of the page
sad.png

edited to add: I knew it was coming, but I was enjoying the uncluttered look the forum had.
It looks great, really
smile.png

Did you look into the auto-resize for avatar pics, yet?

Lisa

Last edited:
Lisa, thanks for the feedback. We've still got the option to only have it on the front page of the forum and not through the rest of the forum pages.

What does everyone else think?

BTW, Lisa, what do you mean by "auto resize" for avatars?

it's awsome!

maybe we should have it on the front page only though? it's kind of distracting....

but it looks awsome..either way if fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom