New group of youngsters, roos or pullets??

Tashnarae

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 11, 2016
South Central PA
So... I'm new to having my own chickens, and decided to go with pullets for my first go round. I picked these up on Tuesday...two sets of 5 that are similar in age... the 4black ones are a bit older, as well as the silver colored one that came with them... those 5 I'm 95%certain are hens, as well as likely to be ameraucana... the other 5 however are questionable... some type of EE...and a few weeks younger (still have a bit of baby fluff) I'm pretty sure at least 2 are roos, but the other three have me very not sure.... hopefully these pics are good enough, if not I'll try again...

#4 & #5 I'm already convinced are roosters, but confirmation would be nice.

Last pic is the group of black girls... they're almost all identical other than some small size differences....

I'd actually already read through a lot of the "how to tell" threads before I even went to get them... the two roos that I'm almost positive of were ones I was pretty sure were roos in the sale coop... and yeah, #2 is the other one I'm getting the biggest "roo" vibe from too....

#3 is one of my favorites so far, she's a bit fussy when you hold her, not too difficult to catch though... still crossing fingers that she isn't he, but seems the most likely pullet out of that bunch overall....

Back
Top Bottom