New Hampshire Chickenstock! Update!

My dh says I should check with the police dept to see if I need any permit to do this, so I will find out by monday...though if there is someone to answer my question today, I will ask He mentioned how awful it would be if we went through all the work and got shut down!

I've been working with another chicken lover and she has convinced me that taking a grill might be rather difficult. Additionally I would be putting out a lot of money for food that I don't know will be eaten. (The $5 pp is a great idea, but what about the people who just come by to check us out?) As long as I get the OK from the police, we are going to do this from 10 am to 2 pm on Sunday June 29 (at least the date stays the same!) ...morning munchies and coffee will be available for a "donation" For any BYC people, we can all bring something extra to "share" just post it on this thread so we know what is going on. For lunch, directly across the street is a Sal's Pizza we could eat in or take out! If anyone has an idea for a t-shirts, by all means post it! If you are into making one up...let everyone know the cost, that should be up front! I hope this works for everyone?

Chicken Stock 2008 - Milford, NH
with chicken charactor?

Last edited:
I'm thrilled to hear there's a NH Chickenstock! I'm just an hour away in Troy (just below Keene).
wee.gif

I can bring cookies and/or tortillas/chips, if that sounds good. I'd be happy to help out if needed, too.

Last edited:
I spoke with the police, it is a private shopping plaza so no problem with them. I have also spoken with the mgr of the TSC and he is allowed to use the space in front of and on the side of the building...

I hope everyone knows that its not just for chickens, please bring your pheasants waterfowl! Though I do not have a kiddy pool available for your ducks!

I have had the suggestion of a "your funkiest chicken contest" people can bring their silliest looking mix or whatever,opposite of a show of beauty!

So if you are planning on coming, please post, if you are bringing something please post what it is, like water,soda, paper products, chips, cookies etc

Who might be coming that wants to do more than just come, and would like to help? What might you want to help with and then I can start keeping track and go from there, I do have a few donations already and I'll start an official list and keep adding to it!

Last edited:
ok, am here as requested, how can i be of service to you?
i believe i have someone working on the logo for tshirt and bumpersticker.
i also have someone that is going to donate either raffle items, or cash towards our food, was given the suggestion that we buy a minimal amount of hot dogs, and when they are gone they are gone,so we dont have alot of waste,
i believe once the logo is done she is going to make up a flyer that i will scan and post and anyone willing can copy and post at their local feed store etc to draw more people, the 4h is an awesome idea also.
what else?
is there anyone that has done this before that is willing to give advice?

I know that in the state of NH, you cannot do a raffle for profit (you have to be a reg. non-prfit org). I am on a couple different associations, and we ran into this problem before. Just throwing this out there, so we don't get in trouble.
smile.png

I'm in!!!

I am willing to help out making brochures on chicken ownership for interested passerbys.

I will have to see what else I can do, right now my plans for the weekend are still up in the air.

Back
Top Bottom