New Hampshire!

Thanks for all the responses to my goat questions! I was told by a local farmer/goat owner that if I put my goats in with the chickens, the goats might die if they eat the chicken poop. I am nervous because of this. On another note-- we got the goats! We ended up with an Alpine and an Alpine-Saanen cross, both does and only 2 weeks old. Hello, bottle-feeding!! My chickens do not know what to make of them, as I have walked the goats around the outside of the coop so they could 'get acquainted'.

I'm wondering if anyone here does or knows someone who processes chickens? I've had someone lined up for months and today was the day. Well, they came, they set up, and unfortunately their plucker decided today was the day it would stop working. They had no choice but to pack up and my birds will live to see another day (or week even)! I only have about 16 red broilers and a handful of extra roosters from my spring hatch. So no more than 23-25 will be going to the freezer. If you think you can help, I'd appreciate the lead!
Thanks!!!

I'm wondering if anyone here does or knows someone who processes chickens? I've had someone lined up for months and today was the day. Well, they came, they set up, and unfortunately their plucker decided today was the day it would stop working. They had no choice but to pack up and my birds will live to see another day (or week even)! I only have about 16 red broilers and a handful of extra roosters from my spring hatch. So no more than 23-25 will be going to the freezer. If you think you can help, I'd appreciate the lead!
Thanks!!!
Wow. Of course they had a choice. If they were professional they would have hand plucked and got the job done.

Where are you located?

Last edited:
Fellow New Hampshireite here! Just wanted to say hello, I'm new to chickens, got our first chicks this spring! Wish I had gotten them sooner, I'm really enjoying them!
woot.gif
Hello and Welcome! I started a few years ago and I to wish I had started sooner also! We always said we wouldn't get a rooster and this year we got some 4h chicks as a gift and out of 5 chicks 3 were roos! lol So we kept 1 a GLW (Look it up in the abbreviations section of the learning section, a way to start learning;-).
What do you have?

woot.gif
Hello and Welcome! I started a few years ago and I to wish I had started sooner also! We always said we wouldn't get a rooster and this year we got some 4h chicks as a gift and out of 5 chicks 3 were roos! lol So we kept 1 a GLW (Look it up in the abbreviations section of the learning section, a way to start learning;-).
What do you have?
Thank you! Gold laced Wyandotte! I have black Sumatras, a friend of mine breeds them and when I said I'd like to get chickens, he offered to hatch some for me. I got them when they were 1 day old, they're 22 weeks now. I haven't got an egg yet, hopefully soon!

Thank you! Gold laced Wyandotte! I have black Sumatras, a friend of mine breeds them and when I said I'd like to get chickens, he offered to hatch some for me. I got them when they were 1 day old, they're 22 weeks now. I haven't got an egg yet, hopefully soon!
Wow! Starting at the top aren't you! You should be getting some eggs any day now! How many do you have and will you be breeding also?

Back
Top Bottom