New hatched duckling

jowilt

Chirping
11 Years
Dec 23, 2012
I have a call duck that just hatched 19 hours ago. Doesn’t seem as perky as the ones hatched previously, but it does walk around n quack, sleeps a lot. Is this normal for a baby not yet a day old? I’m sure they all progress at different speeds

I will post when I get home. I worry about these tiny babies, probably to much 😢
Thank you

I will post when I get home. I worry about these tiny babies, probably to much 😢
Thank you
Understandable……but other than the apprehension of my first couple call duck hatches, they seem to be one of the easier (hardiest) of the different species I’ve hatched and brooded. (With the exception of the mess 😂 ) maybe, I got lucky with the lines?

IMG_1249.jpeg
IMG_1249.jpeg
My daughter was playing with it while I was gone. Still sleeping a lot, but running around when out, eating n drinking a bit. We had one die a week old with Failure to Thrive - I think. So I guess I’m overly cautious 😞
Since u have hatched call ducks, how long do u keep in incubator?

View attachment 3563048View attachment 3563048My daughter was playing with it while I was gone. Still sleeping a lot, but running around when out, eating n drinking a bit. We had one die a week old with Failure to Thrive - I think. So I guess I’m overly cautious 😞
Since u have hatched call ducks, how long do u keep in incubator?
I usually remove hatchlings once every 24 hours

Back
Top Bottom