New here and hatching button quail eggs.

Floydie

Crowing
Jan 30, 2020
As above on day 9. Got the eggs off Ebay 1 was cracked, 2 non fertile were taken out on day 6. I have 6 that have veins, some ive seen movement in, a few are too dark have 2 not sure on yet. So down to 9 eggs out of 12. First time hatching but have kept a few quail in the past.

Last edited:
Taken a couple out that wasnt doing anything. Now have 7 eggs that look good. Day 11 5 days to hatch day 🐣🐤🐥. Think im going to see what hatches and get more button eggs down the line from somewhere else so I have a good mix. Plans are to set some japanese quail after these eggs.

Taken a couple out that wasnt doing anything. Now have 7 eggs that look good. Day 11 5 days to hatch day 🐣🐤🐥. Think im going to see what hatches and get more button eggs down the line from somewhere else so I have a good mix. Plans are to set some japanese quail after these eggs.

Good stuff. I’ve hatched both before. The buttons are unbelievable tiny. I know they can have a few issues you have to look out for when breeding them

Broody box set up. Now just a waiting game for (fingers crossed) chicks 🐣🐤🐥 2+ days to go.

Attachments

• 20200205_153755.jpg
    20200205_153755.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom