New here..Have a question

As long as its warm out (around 70, perhaps) and it doesn't get too cold at night, you should be able to put them outside right now. I'm planning on putting mine outside at around 5 weeks, weather permitting.

I live in south Louisiana where it is HOT! Thanks for the quick reply, i am new at this chicken thing...
big_smile.png

I bet at 6wks your chickens are big and you're totally ready to get them outside.
smile.png
I put chick-chick outside when she hit 4 weeks old. Day temp's generally in the 80's and evenings are generally in the 70's. Not much rain too.

As long as it's fair-weather, things should be good for your babies.
big_smile.png

edit: make sure you have shade for them

Last edited:
Quote:
If you're in South Louisiana, they can go outside. Our temps are probably just a little lower than yours here in SW Arkansas and at 5 1/2 weeks mine are out; actually living on the screened porch. I took their heat lamp away a couple days ago and only turn it on now when it's raining and nasty.
Welcome to BYC.

Hi everyone, thanks for all the comments. We put the chicks out in the coop this morning and they were SOOOOOO happy. We were like proud parents! LOL Anyway, thanks!

wee.gif

Hi and welcome.

What part of south La are you from? I am from southeast LA, Ponchatoula and I know that we have some members that are from southwest LA.

Dorothy

Back
Top Bottom