Here are my lavender cuckoo roo, Isabel English orpington, and black mottled English orpington

I have to say that your Isabel looks positively ethereal in that picture...just stunning. Don't tell my husband, but I think Isabel Orpington just made my "Gotta Have At Least One" list, because I can't stop looking at her and smiling!

I have to say that your Isabel looks positively ethereal in that picture...just stunning. Don't tell my husband, but I think Isabel Orpington just made my "Gotta Have At Least One" list, because I can't stop looking at her and smiling!
Lol she's beautiful and the chicks she produces are even prettier I was going to get an Isabel roo but (blue) my lavender cuckoo just caught my eye. I told my girlfriend that I wanted am Isabel and needed one so I'm the one adding more chickens. the black mottled is hers and named her Veronica lol

Now that I've seen her, I've gotta have one like her! I'm looking at some additional Buffs for next year (I am absolutely madly in love with the Orpington personality!), and I've found the small breeder I want to get my Buffs from, and now I'm on the prowl for an Isabel too! :)

Does your girl have the Orpington friendliness to her? My Buff is an absolute doll; a golden retriever in a chicken suit! My Lavender is kind of...different, lol. Where Lu will follow us around like a puppy and is amazing with our son...Hyacinth is just...sigh - she's not really a "thinker". Lu will knock on the back door to come in and lay her egg in the comfort of central air, Hyacinth isn't a problem solver or overly friendly.

These are my Orps:
20190818_160224.jpg 20190914_135401.jpg
(Hyacinth has the wonkiest comb!)

Now that I've seen her, I've gotta have one like her! I'm looking at some additional Buffs for next year (I am absolutely madly in love with the Orpington personality!), and I've found the small breeder I want to get my Buffs from, and now I'm on the prowl for an Isabel too! :)

Does your girl have the Orpington friendliness to her? My Buff is an absolute doll; a golden retriever in a chicken suit! My Lavender is kind of...different, lol. Where Lu will follow us around like a puppy and is amazing with our son...Hyacinth is just...sigh - she's not really a "thinker". Lu will knock on the back door to come in and lay her egg in the comfort of central air, Hyacinth isn't a problem solver or overly friendly.

These are my Orps:
View attachment 1923905 View attachment 1923906
She's very quiet and is super snuggly lol your orps are beautiful too

These are my Orps:
View attachment 1923905 View attachment 1923906
Here she is again!!

Attachments

• IMG_20191004_172043816.jpg
    IMG_20191004_172043816.jpg
    549.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20191004_172317716.jpg
    IMG_20191004_172317716.jpg
    526.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20191004_172107665.jpg
    IMG_20191004_172107665.jpg
    680.1 KB · Views: 5
Thank you! She does, even poses sometimes lol

The Orpington personality is really tough to beat! I picked out six different types of chicks (Welsummer, Cuckoo Marans, Sapphire Gem, Silkie, and the Lavender and Buff girls, and they're all really good girls (except the Silkie who turned out to be a boy - a very aggressive one at that).

Next year I want to just add a few Orpingtons. Another Buff, an Isabel, maybe a Mauve or White...I do like other colors too, and if we had more room I would have a very serious problem with Orpington Math, lol!

I keep looking at your girl's pictures. She's just so pretty. Is she a solid Isabel, or Isabel Cuckoo? I've read it's one of the most difficult colors to get an accurate picture of because the light dances around with the pigment and it's always changing! She looks like she glows from the inside out.

The Orpington personality is really tough to beat! I picked out six different types of chicks (Welsummer, Cuckoo Marans, Sapphire Gem, Silkie, and the Lavender and Buff girls, and they're all really good girls (except the Silkie who turned out to be a boy - a very aggressive one at that).

Next year I want to just add a few Orpingtons. Another Buff, an Isabel, maybe a Mauve or White...I do like other colors too, and if we had more room I would have a very serious problem with Orpington Math, lol!

I keep looking at your girl's pictures. She's just so pretty. Is she a solid Isabel, or Isabel Cuckoo? I've read it's one of the most difficult colors to get an accurate picture of because the light dances around with the pigment and it's always changing! She looks like she glows from the inside out.
That's a great combination of chicks! She doesn't have the cuckoo she's like a light lavender with the some gold leaking by the neck, I think the cuckoo is a lot more visible in the males than it is for the chickens from what I've seen, but it's really weird because her color is so hard to explain and I have a phone that has Nokia quality pictures it doesn't really show her true colors. I'm in the process of getting an iPhone again since my old one broke and had to buy a replacement phone for the mean time

Back
Top Bottom