New Jersey

hey how come they never have a show further south? Atlantic Co. asking
frow.gif

hey how come they never have a show further south? Atlantic Co. asking
frow.gif

Quote:

There are some people in Weymouth Twsp looking for a chicken or poultry club.

As far as distance, I've travelled 14 hours to get to a show, so the three or so from you guys is nothing to me. C'mon - we're the only one in the state, and it's going to be a beautiful day!

As far as shows elsewhere, we are the only club left in the state - there used to be about five, I believe, but they petered out over the years due to lack of interest and participation. It takes a lot of work to keep a club going, and to run a show. We already have a home site, so it's not like we can pick up and move. Unfortunately, the only way to start having shows in South Jersey is to start a new club. But, you should really come to a couple of APA shows first, so you know what you're getting into. The shows closest to you guys are the York Show, I think it's in April, and the Delmarva Show, in March. Check them out on Poultry Show Central.com. Almost every show in the country is listed there.

Heading up to the fairgrounds now - hope I see some of you for the Info Session at 10am!

https://www.facebook.com/azpoultry like my fb page and my winnings from the Sussex show!!

CHAMPION JR LF / AOSB- black Sumatra hen

RESERVE JR BT/ CHAMP RCCL- Quail D'Anver hen

Reserve champion JR waterfowl, Champion JR Standard and Heavy Duck- Blue Muscovy Pullet

Reserve champion JR standard and heavy duck- black Muscovy cockerel

Champion JR Game- Old English Wheaten Hen

Reserve JR Featherleg- Salmon Faverolles Hen

Champion JR Continental- Welsummer Hen

BB Brahma BT
RV Mille Fleur D'Uccle
RB Naked Neck BT
BB D'Anver
BB Sumatra LF
RB Musocvy
BB Faverolles BT
BB Welsummer LF

I have only had my pullets a few weeks and I'm already addicted and wanting more chickens!! I need to exercise some self control though and maybe wait till the weather warms up so I can get some chicks! I want to get four chicks in the spring but you can't order such a small amount from most hatcheries so I was wondering if you guys would know of any breeders in the north jersey area, specifically sussex county? ( i hope i am posting in the right place! ) thanks!

I'm not sure how far north in Sussex you are, but I go to a farm in Pittstown in Hunterdon county. Good birds and she has a few breeds to choose from.

I have only had my pullets a few weeks and I'm already addicted and wanting more chickens!! I need to exercise some self control though and maybe wait till the weather warms up so I can get some chicks! I want to get four chicks in the spring but you can't order such a small amount from most hatcheries so I was wondering if you guys would know of any breeders in the north jersey area, specifically sussex county? ( i hope i am posting in the right place! ) thanks!

There are always chicks for sale at the Sussex Show in May, although if you want specific breeds, you should contact breeders beforehand. Most won't bring tiny babies unless they have someone waiting for them, because of the stress.

Be forewarned - there's no such thing as too many chickens. It's the coops that are too small!! The longer you have chickens, the less self control you have.

I am in Hope and I should be hatching out some chicks in the spring. I have pure Orloffs and will probably set some EE/Ameraucana and Marans crosses.
Unfortunately I am not able to sex them as day-olds like a hatchery would, so I can only offer straight run. But drop me a line in the spring if you're interested, I will probably start hatching in March or April.

Back
Top Bottom