New Jersey

I hope it works out for you. I am lucky because I don't live too far away. I can not make it to the auction today, but next week these young BCM cockerels will go. Unless someone wants them so here they are
I dropped them off, super easy, everyone was really nice and helpful. I can’t wait to get a check and see how much I got. I took 38 - week old quail chicks, 9 adult males, and 8 dozen hatching eggs.

I usually get the check on Saturday. It has come as late as Monday. They also have a furniture/everything else besides livestock auction once a month on a certain Friday. I think Dawn told me it was the 2nd Friday of the month. (Not really sure)

Anyone interested in Speckled Sussex cockerels who are in the neighborhood of Central Jersey? I have 2, perhaps 3, all from NPIP and AI certified flocks. They’re currently being raised by a broody mama and are 6 1/2 weeks old and fully feathered. I can’t keep them all. Here are their photos.
B41157B2-FE2A-4FD4-8760-CEA413DDAEFC.jpeg
8153ED49-8DDE-431F-B699-D7E73C5E1838.jpeg

Hello - I hope I'm posting in the correct thread - I'm fairly new to Backyardchickens and am still getting used to the site. I have an Easteregger cockerel (10 weeks old) that I raised since 1 day old (from McMurphy's). I'm in Central Jersey and we are not allowed roosters in my neighborhood. I also think that my New Hampshire Red is a rooster as well but I'm still holding out hope (probably against hope - I attached a photo of that bird, too). However, the Easteregger needs to go :-( He's a lovely, friendly bird who used to sit with my youngest daughter and would fall asleep on her arm. She loves him dearly and we would hate to have to put him down. Does anyone want this gorgeous rooster? I'm willing to travel within NJ and some of Pennsylvania to rehome him. He is, of course, free to a good home :)

Attachments

• Fred1.jpg
    Fred1.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Fred2.jpg
    Fred2.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 5
  • New Hamp.jpg
    New Hamp.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 5
Hello - I hope I'm posting in the correct thread - I'm fairly new to Backyardchickens and am still getting used to the site. I have an Easteregger cockerel (10 weeks old) that I raised since 1 day old (from McMurphy's). I'm in Central Jersey and we are not allowed roosters in my neighborhood. I also think that my New Hampshire Red is a rooster as well but I'm still holding out hope (probably against hope - I attached a photo of that bird, too). However, the Easteregger needs to go :-( He's a lovely, friendly bird who used to sit with my youngest daughter and would fall asleep on her arm. She loves him dearly and we would hate to have to put him down. Does anyone want this gorgeous rooster? I'm willing to travel within NJ and some of Pennsylvania to rehome him. He is, of course, free to a good home :)
He is gorgeous and it is so sad to have to part with him. I am sorry I cannot help as I can't have roosters either. Good luck - I hope you find him a home. Some people say they find homes via Facebook groups so you could try that.

Thank you RoyalChick! Yes, we are very sad, too, because he's such a friendly bird. I've had roosters before when I lived in another location and they were nasty! But this one is so sweet and curious (well, maybe the curious bit is not so unsual - he's a chicken, after all ;-)). I'm also trying on the PA forum as I am willing to travel a bit to rehome him. I'm not on FB so BYC is my best bet :)

Hi- hopefully i’m posting to the right thread. I live in ocean county and I have three roosters that need rehoming. They’re about 21 weeks old and unfortunately i can not keep them in my neighborhood. I’m also not sure what type they are. Hoping someone can help me out and at least maybe take one of them
7DACFA52-1FE5-4559-8C89-E1B05FF6E3C9.jpeg
3570F5C3-12AB-4314-BA91-C843E24F0211.png
6DECFEB9-E56D-4505-A80D-282364CA150E.png

If anyone is interested in a Speckled Sussex Rooster approx 17 weeks old please let me know. I have to rehome sadly due to local Twp codes.

Attachments

• 20210619_095939.jpg
    20210619_095939.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210708_170108.jpg
    20210708_170108.jpg
    808 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210721_173041_Edit.jpg
    20210721_173041_Edit.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20210721_173045_E.jpg
    20210721_173045_E.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
I have 6 buff orpingtons, supposedly all pullets. Born at the very end of May. So 8 weeks now. I will keep my max, 3. So there will be 3 available. Maybe 3 pullets, maybe only 2 or 1. We will see who crows in the next weeks. They're from tractor supply and have been healthy all along. They're eating organic feed for about 3 weeks now, but I started them on medicated feed and had 1 case of pasty butt that I took care of right away and it didn't reoccur. I'll keep you posted, with pics sometime soon. Feel free to let me know if you're interested. I'll eat the cockerels unless you are desperate to have one. (Unlikely.) I guess you could borrow one for a week and then I could eat him. If you wanted fertile eggs.
North Plainfield

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom