New meat buisness

Rolando pezina

Hatching
Jul 28, 2017
Me and my wife are trying to go about starting a poultry buisness on our 1acre land in Florida. I have raised chickens for our family for a couple years now but we want to sell them for profit but don't know how to go about that legally. I have read about it online and figured we need to get a poultry and egg small farm operation license but the specifics are kind of confusing, especially the initial inspection and starting up. If anyone could offer some resources or advice on how to get this underway it would be greatly appreciated

I will be selling the meat and I'll need a limited poultry and egg farm operation permit but the specifics is what is confusing me such as obtaining an FDAC food permit and the inspection prior to receiving both permits

Oh okay yeah that still wasn't clear about whether you were selling meat or live birds lol. "Raising meat chickens to sell" can go either way.

The application process says you have to be inspected two weeks before you "open". That is, you can't operate without a license with the intent to get licensed and inspected later.

Back
Top Bottom