tayjamieson

Songster
Jan 11, 2019
Mount Vernon, Washington
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
June 2018 so about 6 months as of now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 12 hens in addition to 3 male Jumbo Pekin Ducks, 3 female Jumbo Pekin Ducks, and we are currently hatching Pekin ducklings as well. So far we have 5 healthy adorable Pekin Ducklings that are all right around 1 month 2-3 weeks old as of now, and we just had another Pekin duckling hatch this morning who is snuggled up in blankets on my lap as I type this. :)

(3) What breeds do you have?
The chicken breeds we currently have are orpington buffs, black sexlinks, and red sexlinks.
We are looking forward to adopting a variety of chickens eventually.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love their personalities and having them around the house is so much fun. They crack me up and they eat all the bugs which is great! Receiving fresh eggs from chickens I know are taken care of and fed the correct healthy diet is a great bonus as well. We have gourmet bakers who buy our eggs to bake with because they are so rich and delicious!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I live in the northwest so anything and everything outdoors makes me happy. I love hiking, camping, exploring, swimming, fishing, riding quads, etc. I also enjoy spending time with my family and raising our adorable little ducks & chickens with my boyfriend. :)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I currently live on a farm with my boyfriend, we are about 200 feet from the skagit river and surrounded by protected wildlife reserve. I believe our chickens and ducks are so very happy roaming around this breathtaking land. I hope to become a member of this community and soak up the knowledge and expertise from all of you :) Thank You so much for reading and I look forward to talking with you.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I found Backyard Chickens website via a Google search. Any time I've had a question about our animals I've turned to typing the question into google and typically a forum from BYC would populate in the search. After referring to several forums on this site, I finally figured out how to join and I'm hoping it will be easier to get answers for my unique questions!

Welcome to BYC :frow
4FA49E47-4BA6-4D24-BDDB-31153B388088.jpeg
B6C79296-8948-4452-83F4-76C5218922CD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom