New Mexico

Thanks! The real reward for me, though, is the ease of cleaning without having to step inside the coop. Chicken chores are the least time-consuming aspect of my morning....but the most fun!

Hey everyone- I have a few questions. I live in Bloomfield, and just found out today that it is against city ordinance to raise chickens where I live (lucky I have not started building/purchasing or have chickens yet) I'm extremely (to say the very least) bummed out! What can I do to try to change this ordinance does anyone know where I would start? Or any tips and advice is welcome and much appreciated! Thank you!

Hey everyone- I have a few questions. I live in Bloomfield, and just found out today that it is against city ordinance to raise chickens where I live (lucky I have not started building/purchasing or have chickens yet) I'm extremely (to say the very least) bummed out! What can I do to try to change this ordinance does anyone know where I would start? Or any tips and advice is welcome and much appreciated! Thank you!

Hi Tjohnson, Welcome to BYC!

Try searching around in this forum for ideas: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/37/local-chicken-laws-ordinances-and-how-to-change-them I'm sure there are many others in a similar situation.

One thing you can do is look at zoning laws in nearby towns that do allow chickens, and start thinking of what you would propose for Bloomfield. Often something like 6 hens, no roosters will be accepted by the town easier than allowing full-on poultry raising.

Good Luck!

Looks like things are a little slow on here, so.....

Does anyone have Barnevelders in NM? I'm trying to find 3-4 hens to go in our little flock. I'm in Capitan, but can go pick up wherever.

Thanks,
Dennis

Dennis,

I have Barnevelders, but only a very small flock (1 roo, 3 hens). Right now I am trying to hatch out some chicks, which has it's challenges. If you want some eggs to hatch out for yourself I can arrange for you to get a few. I live up by Edgewood, so about 3 hours from you.

cheers,

Celeste

Hi Celeste. If you ever need someone to incubate for you, let me know. I have a great incubator that sits empty most if the year.
smile.png
. I'm in Corrales.

Sounds like we've got a hatch-aholic in our midst!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom