New Pot belly pig (w/pics) & questions if anyone can help

Munkey

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 9, 2011
SW PA
I just got a Pot belly piggy and have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

here is Takoda

We came across Takoda (the PBp) last Monday I don't have any information on how old he is or where he came from. Is there a way to tell how old he is? I've had a WIDE verity of ages guessed for him (though I'm also currently trying to set up a vet appt.) is there a way I can better guess his age?

Also he has super dry skin, I've given him ivermectin already but would like to help him with the dry skin as well. If needed I will do my best to get pictures.

thank you so much,
Munkey

Last edited:
If anyone else tends to come across this I was told to try olive oil and so far so good. It has brought back a good bit of the moisture has been staying all day

Thank you soo much I will get some and put it on his bad spots. may I ask how you can tell his age?
woot.gif

here is more pictures.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how old he is, like i said we came across Takoda (the PBp) last Monday I don't have any information on how old he is or where he came from. but so far hes a sweet heart.

i read that they love skin so soft from avon, diluted 50%. they like wearing it and they like it when you do, so i read. you have to put it on when they are wet, i'm gonna mist them first, then spray it on. supposed to help with the dry skin and mosquitos. My plan is to do this tomorrow morning, its been rainning here for days and the mosquitos are getting ugly.

He for sure has dry skin or a irratation of fleas or mites going on you can see patches everywhere! I think aloe works good. I also would make sure he has plenty of shade and plenty of water. I am not sure if hes a mini it sure looks like it! But if he is a mini hes still not a year old I can for sure guess on that. Many PB's have dry skin their first year just a bad annoying skin problem as they get older fades away.

Hes a cutie! Have fun with your PB

We have 2 Wilbur and Lily they are almost a year and triple this guys size so I am sure hes a mini.

Back
Top Bottom