New Rooster crow dampening, noise reducing device

What kind of demand do you all think there would be for this sort of product? How would I go about convincing people it is actually humane and saves the lives of roosters (and the heartbreak of chicken owners who have to give them up)

I would buy this in a heartbeat. We have a very sweet rooster who has started crowing at all hours of the day. Since it’s summer and people have their AC on, he hasn’t bothered our neighbors yet, but I fear as soon as it gets cold, he’ll have to go. Roosters are allowed in Chicago, but I don’t want to be a nuisance to my neighbors. I’d love to be part of a pilot and would be happy to give suggestions or offer feedback if you’d like!

It costs a LOT of money to get a patent filed.

Not only money but time. A simple clerical error on the application can mean months of redo and waiting and more money out the door to your patent lawyer. You have to execute a patent search to see if your idea hasn't already been done. You have to submit it then the Patent Office looks at it to see if they think it it is novel and useful, or an improvement on an already existing filing. All of this takes time and money. You are paying your Patent Attorney anytime there is correspondence from the Patent Office, even if it is them saying "Nope. Patent denied". You can appeal denials as long as you can refute there reasons, but again, that's more money out the door and more weeks/months of waiting for another answer. This absolutely can go back and forth multiple times until you give up or they issue a patent. It generally takes 1-5 years to get a final patent depending on the idea/product.

So if he is not willing to do marketing research on it until he gets his patent, it will likely never see the light of day. BUT what he could easily do is send out prototypes along with Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete Agreements to whomever wants to test them. If you don't sign the agreements, you don't get a prototype. That way he has the legal means to protect his idea AND find out if it is useful and/or a desired device for rooster owners.

Our experience with the no crow collar ended terribly sad this morning.. We Loved our 4 month old rooster & tried to keep him with his girls. Eddie would crow 100 times somedays!
We did our best adjusting the collar & observing his behavior daily. It did temporarily stop the crowing a day or two, but we would notice him acting depressed/lethargic, spit up white foam a few times. We are heartbroken.
That is exciting! We love our accidental rooster & have been using a No Crow collar as a last resort but uncomfortable with it. If you would like a New England tester, I am sure Eddie, our 4 month old Australorp is all in~ Cockadoodle Do:) p.s my son would be happy to make videosof our rockstar rooster.

Hey all, I am a passionate backyard chicken farmer, and over the last couple years I designed and perfected a simple “device” that dramatically dampens a rooster’s crow to a level that is much quieter than a squawking hen. It is easy to apply. It does not choke the rooster in any way, unlike traditional collars. It doesn’t interfere with their movement, ability to mate, etc. In other words, it humanely and consistently SOLVES the rooster crowing dilemma for urban and suburban chicken owners everywhere.

I created it in order to be able to keep my own roosters that I hatched from eggs when we got attached to them. I have had the “device” on them on for over a year, and my neighbor’s never even knew they were free ranging out back just 15 yards away.

I won’t go into the details, but my solution was not very intuitive and took a ton of trial and error.

What kind of demand do you all think there would be for this sort of product? How would I go about convincing people it is actually humane and saves the lives of roosters (and the heartbreak of chicken owners who have to give them up)? I know there is always a lot of controversy about traditional collars, and I made sure that my design was as comfortable as possible. And it will NOT choke your rooster 😁

-Aaron Heerboth
I would like three please👍

Hey all, I am a passionate backyard chicken farmer, and over the last couple years I designed and perfected a simple “device” that dramatically dampens a rooster’s crow to a level that is much quieter than a squawking hen. It is easy to apply. It does not choke the rooster in any way, unlike traditional collars. It doesn’t interfere with their movement, ability to mate, etc. In other words, it humanely and consistently SOLVES the rooster crowing dilemma for urban and suburban chicken owners everywhere.

I created it in order to be able to keep my own roosters that I hatched from eggs when we got attached to them. I have had the “device” on them on for over a year, and my neighbor’s never even knew they were free ranging out back just 15 yards away.

I won’t go into the details, but my solution was not very intuitive and took a ton of trial and error.

What kind of demand do you all think there would be for this sort of product? How would I go about convincing people it is actually humane and saves the lives of roosters (and the heartbreak of chicken owners who have to give them up)? I know there is always a lot of controversy about traditional collars, and I made sure that my design was as comfortable as possible. And it will NOT choke your rooster 😁

-Aaron Heerboth

Any update on this device? I would really love to test/purchase...I currently have 7 crowing roos and at least 3 Littles coming along, too. 😁

I’m absolutely interested actually, committed to trying this out. The idea of signing and NDA and non compete is great until the patent comes through. I work in Voice Over, NDA’s are part of almost every project, so I know and respect them. The no crow collar idea made our guy so frightened that I couldn’t bear it and it was done before it began. We have 2 roosters, yep, got 4 when we hatched 7 eggs this spring, they are now living apart, but are really goofy and sweet. The one who lives on his own has become sort of another dog and tools around with one of my boys, it’s a funny and cute friendship. I’m so game for this I’ll sign whatever and contribute to the cost!
Therese

I predict we will never hear from @Dr H the Rooster Saver again.

I agree. However it kind of begs the question – – what purpose would it serve to start the thread? What kind of vicarious thrill could he possibly have gotten out of it?

Kind of boggles the imagination. I believe his last post was page 4.

(Odd, I think of “him” as a ... well, him. Somehow I can’t imagine a woman doing this.)

I would also be interested in one. I already purchased a no-crow collar in anticipation of the trouble to come, but would prefer not to use it if their is a safer, kinder alternative.

Back
Top Bottom