New To Board & Proud Owner Of A New Stagecoach Chicken Tractor

Quote:
The chik n barn was on my seriouslly-considered list for a long time, but I was eventually marked it off because I wanted something portable so the chickens could "work" in the garden this winter...and something tall enough so I could get inside for quality-time (I like hand feeding the chickens some treats daily) & in case of emergencies (sick animals always seem to get just out of reach)

Quote:
I am not sure why they designed it with a rounded shape...but it sure makes it easier getting a tarp on & off as needed. It does look like a tiny stagecoach though (especially when the tarp is on).
And the cats are too frightened of the chickens to sit on top, the cat was just having a brave moment when I snapped the picture. Shortly after the picture was taken, one of the pullets flapped her wings & the cat ran for her life. ahhhh...bravery at its best
big_smile.png

Quote:
Hi neighbor!! How is life up North?
big_smile.png

It is very easy to move....the day after delivery I did add two handles about elbow height & shoulder width apart, that made it even easier to move & turn, especially with my shoulder injury.

I love it when playhouses are converted to chicken coops. They are always so cute!

Quote:
If you are talking about the little, white, robot-looking thing....yes that is the automatic feeder. It is constructed from a 5 gallon bucket, PVC, and miscellaneous parts that I can't identify. If you look at the picture taken from the front, the white round item on the left-side of the door is the PVC cap that you remove to fill the feeder from the outside. If memory serves me correctly, I believe the guys at Stagecoach Tractor sell the diagrams & instructions for just the automatic feeder. I haven't tried it yet because my chickens are still young & short.

The waterer is a Little Giant Automatic Poultry Waterer. The garden hose hooks up to the connection on the right side of the front door.

Hi neighbor!! How is life up North? big_smile
It is very easy to move....the day after delivery I did add two handles about elbow height & shoulder width apart, that made it even easier to move & turn, especially with my shoulder injury.

I love it when playhouses are converted to chicken coops. They are always so cute!

Howdy! Usually life is pretty good up here except for yesterday, which was "one of those days". I stepped in a puddle on the hall floor...not a small one from the old dog, but the beginning of a waterfall from a hot water heater gone bad.

We got our Victorian Playhouse DIY kit from this website, back before they started making the chicken coop kits. When we ordered the kit, we told the company what we planned to use it for chickens...looks like he took a hint
wink.png
. If you don't have a coop yet, you might want to consider one of these. Our 2nd coop was built from scratch when we didn't have to rush, but if we get some more land someday....I think I will get one of the Coop Kits.​

Quote:
Howdy! Usually life is pretty good up here except for yesterday, which was "one of those days". I stepped in a puddle on the hall floor...not a small one from the old dog, but the beginning of a waterfall from a hot water heater gone bad.

We got our Victorian Playhouse DIY kit from this website, back before they started making the chicken coop kits. When we ordered the kit, we told the company what we planned to use it for chickens...looks like he took a hint
wink.png
. If you don't have a coop yet, you might want to consider one of these. Our 2nd coop was built from scratch when we didn't have to rush, but if we get some more land someday....I think I will get one of the Coop Kits.

You have my sympathy...I had water heater issues about 3 months ago. Puddles in the floor are better than coffee for waking you up though.

I apparently gave several local, storage building companies ideas as well. When I was searching for the perfect coop, I got several odd looks and raised eyebrows from salesmen...but I've noticed half of them have chicken coops in their display areas now. Maybe I should ask for a commission...hmmm...off to run some calculations
big_smile.png

I LIKE this chicken tractor. I'm a-gonna build one similar to it!
tongue.png

It looks easy to build and inexpensive and very functional!
big_smile.png

It's similar, though smaller, than the greenhouse (hoophouse) I built some years back.

-Junkmanme-
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom