New to the BYC website

MakikoT

Hatching
Apr 4, 2019
Thought this list of questions from the template would be easiest to do an introduction.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I'm fairly new to having chickens. We raised 3 chickens for a year and then gave them away to a friend once one of the chickens started pecking at my little dog.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We currently have 2 chickens and are getting another this weekend.

(3) What breeds do you have?
The 2 older girls are New Hampshire Red and Wyandotte. The pullet who's coming this weekend is a Cuckoo Maran.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They are a joy to watch wander around, clucking and pecking at bugs. The follow me around and talk to me when I go out there. My neighbors enjoy them as well.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I'm a crafty person that likes to sew, knit, crochet and do DIY projects.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
The dogs love having the chickens as company out in the yard. They are also good protection as we already had the red chicken attacked by a hawk.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D Needed to look up information about why the red chicken's comb and wattle has turned orange.

1byc-watercolor-hen.png

hithere.gif
Sorry, I had to laugh when I heard about your poor little dog getting pecked. Hope it doesn't happen again this time around. Have fun with your new flock!

Hello, welcome to Backyard Chickens! Glad you decided to come to the roost! :frow

It is best to have a plan setup for the Cuckoo Maran when you integrate her with your two older hens. They will be picking on her at first so it is best that they are introduced slowly. Here is a good article on integration, the link is below.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/adding-to-your-flock.47756/

Back
Top Bottom