New to the game but ready to run with it.

Hi everybody, i have finally convinced the wife to get some chickens. I have done a bunch of research and watched many videos to learn how much work raising chickens would be. I'm glad I have found this site. I so look forward to what I'm gonna learn.

In my research i found that there is a limit of 4 chickens we can have here in Racine Wisconsin. That is very disapointing but we can make it work. Can anybody recommended any that can thrive in the winters in Wisconsin?
Hello and welcome to BYC!!!!! I'm sorry you're not able to have more than 4 chickens! Some winter Hardy breeds are buff Orpington, brahma, jersey giant, and other types of feather legged breeds!!!!

Hi everybody, i have finally convinced the wife to get some chickens. I have done a bunch of research and watched many videos to learn how much work raising chickens would be. I'm glad I have found this site. I so look forward to what I'm gonna learn.

In my research i found that there is a limit of 4 chickens we can have here in Racine Wisconsin. That is very disapointing but we can make it work. Can anybody recommended any that can thrive in the winters in Wisconsin?
I live in Ohio, and we have snowstorms in January, hailstorms in February, and tornados in March. I recommend the Americauna for it's longevity, and the Plymouth Barred Rock for it's looks. they are good breeds, and have weathered many storms in rural central Ohio.

Back
Top Bottom