New turkey gender check!

Pics
Please try to either re-home this poult, or get more poults. Turkeys are social animals and will stress out a ton if they don't have another of their kind to talk to. You won't be able to leave the house or even the sight of the turkey because it has imprinted on you, and that will cause you MAJOR problems later on. You need to tell your mom that it is SERIOUSLY UNHEALTHY for this poult to be alone. The chicks are not turkeys, and as stated above even if your poult imprints on your chickens there is a high chance that it will harm you, your family, or your chickens. All because it didn't have another turkey to imprint on. Please please please for your poults sake. Tell your mom she should have never accepted a single poult, and that you need to find it a friend right now. Tell her whatever convinces her to get another, and if she won't let you then you need to rehome it as soon as possible.

Turkeys are not chickens. Imprinting can cause dangerous problems later. Turkeys that are imprinted by chickens lose the ability to understand that chickens are not turkeys and usually ends in harm to the chickens. People aggressive turkeys caused by human imprinting can be dangerous to people.

It can be. All of the human aggressive turkeys that I have had to deal with were imprinted by people when they were poults. When they are a poult, it can be very annoying due to the constant noise as the poult calls for attention.

I go out of my way to be sure that I do not imprint my poults.

:goodpost:

Last edited:
its not so bad getting imprinted..
:caf:he ...it really is so bad. You won't have a social life whatsoever, or be able to leave the house without your imprinted turkey screaming and thrashing trying to get to you. (As already stated.) I have read many threads on single ducks and poults imprinting on people and almost all of the OP's are extremely stressed out because of the situation.

Back
Top Bottom