New turkey gender check!

Pics

Mutchi

Crowing
Apr 5, 2021
hamilton MT
My Coop
My Coop
I have a turkey and I don't know what gender it is. So can you tell me?? it has a thing on the beak nose thing does that mean that its a thing that helps with genders??
20210415_204441.jpg
20210415_204302.jpg

The fuzzy spot on the top of the head I believe is the start of the snood, which isn't an indication of gender : ) In a few weeks/months we may be able to help you sex them ^^ How many little ones did you get? Turkeys are one of the first things I'll be getting once I get more space/property <3

I have a turkey and I don't know what gender it is. So can you tell me?? it has a thing on the beak nose thing does that mean that its a thing that helps with genders??View attachment 2619004View attachment 2619000
There is no way to accurately sex your poult at this time. Approximately 3 months old is usually the youngest age that turkeys can be sexed from photos.

By the time the poult is 6 months old you should be able to sex the turkey from the size of its snood. The snood is the bump that you are referring to.

I hope this is not your only poult as they are very social and should be raised with others of their own kind.

There is no way to accurately sex your poult at this time. Approximately 3 months old is usually the youngest age that turkeys can be sexed from photos.

By the time the poult is 6 months old you should be able to sex the turkey from the size of its snood. The snood is the bump that you are referring to.

I hope this is not your only poult as they are very social and should be raised with others of their own kind.
I have other poultry but not turkeys I have chickens but when my turkey grows up it will be with a goat and a pot belly pig do you think that's fine?

I have other poultry but not turkeys I have chickens but when my turkey grows up it will be with a goat and a pot belly pig do you think that's fine?
No, if this is to be a pet, it needs other turkeys for companionship. If it is going to be processed for food then it is a different story.

Back
Top Bottom