New Urban Farming :D

foxymona

Hatching
5 Years
May 24, 2014
Hi Chook lovers,

I just tried to post this thread and lost it somehow- no idea how lol.

I just got my new coop and flock a week ago. We have called them Tikka, Fricasse, Chowder and Kebab. I love them. I had chickens as a small child and decided my kids should have the same joy!

They came from a local farm but weren't very tame. I read a really old forum on here on how to tame them and they JUST ATE OUT OF MY HAND! The joy. I have sat in the sun for days reading them magazines and feeding them treats. They don't like petting yet but I will keep going... When I am not keeping them company my daughter is telling them stories so they lay eggs- none so far but they are rather spoilt pets and not for their production levels, despite their names.

My dog is beginning to learn the chickens are MINE and not to go at... my cat is still delighted with them as you can see by the photos.

They are the best divorce therapy ever- one sneezed earlier and was almost indignant about it- I was in hysterics. I have watched them fight over spaghetti and know they will be firm but expensive friends... After getting a coop for 4 birds and thinking it a bit cramped, I got a run for them and then fixed all my fencing so when I have them clipped and tamer they can hang around the garden like glorious ornaments and do ill to my shrubbery! I was never great at gardening anyways... I also have no idea how to clip wings and am getting a seasoned chicken person to do this!

I know one is a Bluebell (Kebab) but don't really know what the other breeds are- maybe you guys can tell me...

Any advice gladly taken. They are vaccinated and wormed and have no visible mites or lice and like 80's pop music...

I'm glad you and your daughter are having fun with them. I don't know what breeds they are, but they're cute. Your dog and cat are funny. The cat seems to waiting for the chickens to return to the coop...

Hi and welcome! Not sure what kind you have, but they are beautiful. Looks like your cat has found a new place to lounge....looks very comfy. No divorce, but my chickens are also my therapy.

It is lashing rain here today and they look most put out...

I'd nearly bring them in the house lol

I know what you mean. We had a gusher yesterday and even though my girls have somewhere to stay dry, they still got wet. Figured it must have felt good to them.

Back
Top Bottom