New with chickens..please help!

Pillzzner

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 3, 2012
Georgia
I recently got a bantam Phoenix rooster. He is about 1 yr old. Everything was great the first couple of weeks but now he can't crow. He acts normal...eating, drinking, NO physical changes...but when he crows it sounds horrible like he is very hoarse. You can barely hear him. We have a rooster living behind us and for about 2 weeks they crowed back and forth at each other non stop. Could this have caused the voice lost? Is there anything else I should look for as far as a sickness? He has 2 hens with him and they are fine. Still laying, eating, drinking. etc. Any ideas what could be causing this? He still tries to crow every day ...it's so sad.

I would'nt worry, he has probably strained his voice with all the calling to his friend.....if he is eating and drinking and acting normal, you can be sure it will soon return...give it a coupe of weeks, and it its the same, get him checked out, but usually if and animal is sick (pariculary chickens) other symtoms will be there too....but that is not the case, just give it time - Marianne

I hope he's ok! If so, I might send a few of my boys over to your house to lose their voices as well!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom