• neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

XoJennyxO

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 2, 2012
Claremore, OK
Hey everyone! My name is Jenny, I'm 25 and a single mommy to the most beautiful 2 year old in the world..

(yes, I'm biased ;P) (and i just noticed he's biting his lower lip lol- which is why it looks like he doesn't have one.. he does, i promise) and I just bought my very first Silkie chick last night.. Which quickly turned into silkie chickS as of this afternoon. Well they're not all mine I bought the first 2 for my son for Easter and for him to learn to show. I was in Atwoods after a failed attempt to buy a splash from a woman on craigslist and saw this baby..

in the bantams assortment. We quickly scooped it up. Then we were thinking, he/she needs a friend to play with when they're bigger and learn to live outside. So the guy swore up and down that THIS is a silkie that's too tiny for it's beak and feet to be black.

I was SUPER doubtful but my son's dad kept saying it's the neatest one (i thought I saw one similar with black feet) ... Keep in mind I only wanted Silkies as they're the only chickens I really think are still "cute" when they're older. Anyway, come home read ALOT. Count the toes.. it's def a Cochin.. *sigh* He spent all night under the white silkie's wing under the heat lamp and has attached himself to it and cries and cries if one is out of it's temporary 20 Gal tank. Considering keeping him for this reason. Went back to Atwoods this afternoon to get the bigger bag of feed that I'd been kicking myself in the rear-end for not getting instead of the smaller one I got and decided to look in the bin again. I didn't see ANY until I decided to look at every one with a black beak in the pile and to count it's toes-pink feet or not! So,

I came home with more!! The only 2 silkies in a tub full of about 80 this afternoon. I know they're partridge but is this one

considered blue or silver partridge? I think the other one is normal partridge. Anyways, I wanted a splash and ended up with 4 chicks no splash but i am LOOOOVVVING the three silkies we were lucky enough to find. I'm HOOKED. That little Cochin is too sweet will it get along with them still when they're all older? The silkies are slightly older as they've started getting their feathers on their wings....

WelcometoBYC.gif

Thank you for all the warm welcomes! This site is amazing. I had been googling like crazy for coop ideas/plans and love that so many people are nice enough to post their plans. I've also learned more here in less than 30 minutes than my last five nights on google.

Hello and :welcome
I'm glad you're enjoying the site so far, and I hope you find lots more info in time to come. :D
Beautiful pictures, your chicks are very cute. The cochin should be fine with the rest of the flock later, chickens that grow up together seem to develop a bond. I've seen it in my neighbours' chickens, despite the fact that one of the chicks grew into an enormous white rooster. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom