newbie question

critterrun

Songster
11 Years
Oct 6, 2011
NJ
do you have to put all the eggs in at the same time?

Is 1 week apart to much

I have read of people putting them in at differnt times

thanks

I think it also depends on what type of incubator you have. If you have a foam incubator it is easier to do them all at one time. That way you are not opening the incubator so much. But if you have a large incubator that has shelves on it. I think it is easier to do the once a week hatch.. Just my opinion though.. Best of luck to you!

I have done it in my styrofoam but do not recommend it unless you have a second styrofoam to use to hatch in. I have a cabinet and stryofoam incubators. I set new egg in the incubator weekly and hatch in the styrofoam incubators.

I simply move my eggs to a homemade hatcher. No turners to injure the hatching chicks--that and humidity raising are the differences with staggering hatches, to my knowledge.

I have a cabinet incubator and I run it dry except when I lower chicks to the hatching tray, then I run it with water setting the humidity at 75%... Our house humidity is at 50% all the time. So it runs the best when I run the incubator this way. I lower eggs, add water for the hatch, also adding new eggs to the top row. The following week, I lower the eggs on each shelf, again the ones on the bottom shelf go to the hatching tray and I add water. It works well. We have had the best hatch rates this way.

Quote:
IMG_3408.jpg
IMG_3364.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! You have alot of equipment! I would love to have that many incubators. I have one cabinet and one styrofoam incubator. I love your brooder too! NICE! If you ever decide to part with it, I would gladly take it off your hands..
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom