Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
First there was "Raising Chickens For Dummies", a super detailed book that covers all the basics of raising backyard chickens (and the best rated chicken book on Amazo

Then there was "Building Chicken Coops For Dummies", a fantastic guide to building the perfect home for your flock including some amazing step by step plans!

Well, I'm SUPER excited to announce the newest book (our 3rd) is finally available!

Chicken Health For Dummies

We put this book together because we just couldn't fit all the super detailed and in-depth DIY health information needed in "Raising Chickens For Dummies".

Julie Gauthier, the main author, is board certified in veterinary preventive medicine and is an EXPERT at everything chicken. She REALLY REALLY knows her stuff and was a super pleasure to work with!

For purchase information, see here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...d-to-care-for-and-keep-happy-healthy-chickens

Last edited:
I think this book is well worth spending some money on
thumbsup.gif

Rob, sorry I can't have my "like" added to the total unless I've bought something on my account. Which I haven't, since I just created an account. But I do like the book!

Last edited:
Oh... I didn't know that about having to have purchased something, thanks for that info!

BTW, I think it's funny that the book is listed with a few "used" copies... which I think is pretty impossible since the book officially published today.
wink.png

Oh... I didn't know that about having to have purchased something, thanks for that info!

BTW, I think it's funny that the book is listed with a few "used" copies... which I think is pretty impossible since the book officially published today.
wink.png
GREAT job! I read some of the sample version, and I think I may order one today. (I loved the diagrams of chicken bodies) I can tell this is going to be a very popular book.
cool.png

I am officially totally excited about this... short of a full veterinary text, there has been a big need for a book like this. I will definitely get a copy as a companion to my Chicken Health Handbook. I feel certain this one will be even better!!! Yay!

Back
Top Bottom