News Flash: Gimpy Chick thinks owner is mom, masses laugh in hysteria!

I only have 2 welsummer hens, both started out very flighty but have grown much more friendly with age. I will say one thing for my welsummers, they are whiney girls. They have this long, drawn out braaawwww when they want something and when the nesting box they want is in use they fuss up a storm. They are lower in the flock hierarchy, though, so if anything they get it from the others.

Quote:
Thats so odd... maybe mine are at the top because one's a roo, and the welsummer pullet is his favorite so she knows he'll enforce her every whim. I hope they calm down more with age. I want to spend more time with ChuChuck the rooster and see if I cant tame him more, if I can and he stops being a tool I wont lop is head off...

Awwww she is soooo cute!
love.gif

It looks like she's wearing bell bottoms!

That's weird...My wellie roo adopted the new chicks that we put in their pen and he and his girls protected them from the big bad brahmas. I adore my Welsummers, I wonder why yours are evil?
Gimpy Chick is beautiful!

Quote:
That's some fancy fertilizer receptacle you have on your hen! How is it attached to her?

I was just going to ask the same thing, but then i thought you'd all think i was stupid for not knowing...
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom