Status
Not open for further replies.
Murder is already "banned"

More laws won't stop people from killing other people

They only stop HONEST people from protecting themselves

School killings happen all over the world
The worst ever used bombs, not guns:

http://listverse.com/2008/01/01/top-10-worst-school-massacres/
If this child did not have guns they he would not be able to shoot all those people

School shootings happen - with guns.

As I stated America has the most school shootings in the WORLD.

Are you saying that we should let all the school kids have guns to defend themselves?

Common sense tell me that to reduce SHOOTINGS we need to reduce the number of GUNS.

I am from the UK where guns are banned. Only people who are registered can own a gun, and its very difficult to meet the criteria needed to own one. Also there are strict conditions that come with owning a gun.

Gun crime is very low here as a result.

Also I can not reason with people who are saying its the devil possessing people to kill people. That is just crazy. If you want to use that as an excuse then why does not god possess them to stop them doing it. how can god allow those innocent children to die for no reason? really people need to start using their brains here.

Last edited:
The people doing these mass murders often have no criminal history.Would stricter gun laws have prevented this individual from being able to buy a gun?

Parents might have been able to restrict his gun ownership,but parents often have no idea what their kids are up too. I am sure the parents of this young lad had no idea he would kill them both.That he would even want to kill them let alone children.Sad world we live in where people are ok with killing each other.

There was a guy in China who killed 22 kids with a knife.Guns,knives,bombs....people will find a way.It can happen to any of us.The shock and fear of what is occuring more often than not immobilizes us. If we can find a way to get past that *deer in the headlights* reaction we just might survive.Don't know how to get past that fear though.

So sad waking up and remembering this happened.I thought back to what I was doing at the time it occured.I was at Barnes and Noble looking at the artwork on display from the students at my kids school.Beautiful work by beautiful kids just like those in CT.Just enjoying life.So so sad.If gun control is the choice then so be it,but I don't think it will stop people from killing.Prayers for all of us.

anything can be used as a weapon. if you take away guns what would be next your kitchen knives, scre drivers, scissors. rope............ I dont know the answers but I dont believe taking away guns from responsable people is it.. and I hate guns by the way. I know how to use one if I have to...... Just my opinions

More guns than people in the US now + the Burt Gummer mindset of a large part of the US + anyone being able to build a gun from pipe + the new 3D printing tech + 2 or 3 % of the population having a ammo manufacturing equipment in there homes +the longest unguarded borders an coastlines in the world = gun control not ever working in the US.

anything can be used as a weapon. if you take away guns what would be next your kitchen knives, scre drivers, scissors. rope............ I dont know the answers but I dont believe taking away guns from responsable people is it.. and I hate guns by the way. I know how to use one if I have to...... Just my opinions

You're right. Another attack on an elementary school occurred yesterday where 22 children in China were attacked by a man with a knife. The worst attack in a school occurred in the 1927 where a school board member threw a bomb into a school killing 38 elementary students, 2 teachers, 4 other adults and injuring 58 in Michigan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

The weapon chosen is not the problem and banning guns and knives won't solve the situation. The root of the problem is whatever mental issue caused this action in the first place. Until we figure that out, attacks will continue.

My heart is breaking for these children, their families, their community, and for the first responders.

My heart is also breaking because in the midst of a national tragedy, some people just can't let their hot button issues go and mourn.

Take your 2nd amendment arguments someplace else....

We need the right to protect ourselves from nuts like this. If guns are banned then only the bad guys will have guns. Unfortunately that principle didn't have a gun or this could have ended much differently. We need armed guards at our schools. There was a shooting at my daughters school a few years back and it's a very scary feeling. My heart and prayers go out to those who lost a child.

Bowing out for awhile....just can't stand that people on both sides can't seem to help themselves when the second amendment comes up. I'm pretty sure that the next inappropriate comments will be about public/private/homeschooling.

Not appropriate people!!!!
he.gif
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Life is cruel and so is truth they are talking about gun control because that is where everyone is going to point the finger when this is settled. the person was 20 that did this, you have to me 21 to legally even touch a empty pistol. To solve the problem you need to find the source not the catalyst.

I think people are missing the point. This is my last post on this subject as I can see many people are so pro gun that its wasting my time to try to change. their minds.

My logic is this.

If guns were banned there would be far less on them. That reduces the chances of this sort of thing happening. That kid probably would not have been able to get hold of any gun if they were illegal, without lots of effort - again reducing the chances of him doing it. Where did the boy get the guns from? It was not just one small gun. He was well armed. Was it his parents house?

If he did not have access to a gun, then he may well have used another weapon. However, the damage would be far less if he used a knife or a baseball bat - it would be impossible for him to kill that many people with one knife in his hand! If you have a gun you can just keep shooting.

I am not American. I can not understand why American people love to have guns so much. They are dangerous weapons used for killing.

As for the Christians saying its the devil or stuff like that, if they really believe that, then they don't need a gun, as they can just ask God to save them, if they really believe in his power.

Its a tragedy this has happened. I am so sorry for all the families of those poor children. Such a tragic waste of life is so sad. At least we can all agree upon that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom