Nice Girl syndrome... so true

Quote:
Not true mother spiders will die protecting their eggs. Mother birds and other mammals will play wounded putting themselves in danger to protect their young. Males will defend their herds/prides/family to the death if need be. Lionesses kill food and give first share to male and cubs. He protects them and their young. Wolves hunt in family packs always bringing home food for the young and sitters.

They tell you on an airplane that if you have someone to care for in the event of an accident you should always put your own oxygen mask on FIRST. If you falter, you won't be able to take care of anyone else. If you keep giving until there is nothing left, then who will take care of the people you care about?

I am friendly, but I am NOT nice.

Quote:
Not true mother spiders will die protecting their eggs. Mother birds and other mammals will play wounded putting themselves in danger to protect their young. Males will defend their herds/prides/family to the death if need be. Lionesses kill food and give first share to male and cubs. He protects them and their young. Wolves hunt in family packs always bringing home food for the young and sitters.

Well, I was not referring to parenting. That I completely understand.

Quote:

Well, I was not referring to parenting. That I completely understand.

I wasnt just saying parenting but how they work together but in different ways. I know I'm in the minority with my views but a women staying home and taking care of her family is good. A man in charge works as long as they work together. She needa to hold him first but he needs to hold her first. I find my dh doing small things for me when he can much more fulfilling then me doing what i want always. I like making him happy. I also feel great helping a friend out but I also won't let myself be taken advantage of. We can't be selfish all the time. But being mean just reminds me of the people in hs and college who are names i can't say. Those mean ones who are snobby and think only of themselves. I never want to be like them. I actually almost fought a.few.in defense.of my.friends they picked on. Oh no we didnt have money and all that. Sorry just people seem to be.to.selfish anymore. And its just sad. But i.do.agree u.do need some u.time. a.cpl times a month i.go.out with.some.gf to have a.few.drinks. sorry so many periods in my writing. Using a phone to type sucks at times lol

I'm not nice. I fought the Devil to get out of hell at 19, I won, and I haven't looked back. But just because I am tough and don't tolerate crap doesn't make me mean.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Really? Isn't that self-centered? I thought that everyone else needed to be taken care of first before you even think about taking care of yourself.

This is the discussion. It's mainly about women- Personally, I don't believe that it's fair that some people believe that they have to take care of men before themselves.

ok Nick.. here starts my day today.......

6am, wake up, bathroom, shower shave.....
6:30 after coffee I do my critter chores.... Then I read for a half hour or so while the kids get on the bus's (elementary, middle and high-school so its staggered)
7:45 start the irrigation of the veggie patch
9am come in and wife has Oatmeal and toast ready for me, and a re-fresher on my coffee
10am weeding
11am-noon slack time... Play with baby timmy, push Chelsea on her swing etc......
noon- Take chelsea to doctors appointment
1pm... Come home, fix lunch for me and chelsea, throw chicken nuggets in the micro for wife, timmy and cameron who are on their way home in 2 minutes..
2pm... lunch is made, all paperwork for foster agency is now filled out for the previous month and I head out to work....
3pm - 4:30pm work on the Global camera line and teach temps how to do the audit, light box and quality check and fill out proper paperwork...
4:30-9:30 make Automated Running board controllers...... 380 of them to be exact
9:30-11Pm Run a Sony CNC router cutting out circuit boards for PLG's (power lift gate controllers)
11:15 - Fixs me a cocktail as I get home.. Wife gives my shoulders a brief rub and puts dinner in the micro for me..........
11:59pm ... Writing this out to you..

So honestly, that's my day... her day looks just as ugly, and I won't go to bed for another hour... 5 hours of sleep kiddo. Her sleep schedule is even worse, as it isn't un-interrupted because of the baby.

Oh, and this was an easier day.. I got to relax and get some sunshine
wink.png
My wife takes care of 99% of the kids appointments and running around, doctors appts, keeps track of bills, dates, times, all she asks me to do is to cut the grass, do the animal chores, cull the animals that aren't thriving, processing the ones we will eat, be the bad guy when the children mis-behave and other than that, she runs the house. All in all I think she's awesome.. and the 2-3 meals a day she prepares for me, fixes my drink, rubs my shoulders.. It's all worth it in the end.. Shes the brains in the family.. And she gave up being a psychologist to be a full time mom.

So woman's lib can cut in both directions Nick... Some want it like that.

Quote:
hugs.gif

Just wanted a kiddo to understand from a first hand experience that being a grown up is rough work.. The family job and the "work" job are separate but equal. I love what my wife does for me. If she didn't, I couldn't manage half of my day without her.. as I'd have to stop, remember to take my meds, eat cuz my sugar has been messed up lately along with my cholesterol, and if I didn't get that back/neck rub I might be hobbling around for another week or 2 instead of a day.

We made an agreement a while back.. We didn't want our kids to go to daycare if we could help it, and however it worked out, one of us would always be home for the kids. As it turns out, shes a better teacher and I'm a better enforcer
idunno.gif

When my middle son Keven was 5 he was diagnosed with stage 4 Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. If it wasn't for my wifes understanding, organization and support, there would have been 2 dead craven guys in the family. She really is a hero and a trooper.

Boyd, it's men like you that make this world decent. Sounds like you do what you can for your family and wife, your wife does what she can for your family and you, and I bet you are raising great kids.

Back
Top Bottom