Nipple watering system ideas for large brooders?

gabbyscritters

Songster
10 Years
Mar 28, 2009
fredonia, wi
We have been fairy happy with nipple waterers in our breeding groups and want to add them to the brooder box.
Looking for your ideas for nipple water system for chicks.

We have a 6.5' x 3' brooder.We usually divide it in half as we hatch out about 70 to 100 chicks in staggered hatches.
The brooder is in a hallway right off the kitchen so no problems of freezing water.

We would like to try water nipples for the chicks but need more than just a soda bottle with a few nipples in it.
Any one use a section of pvc pipe in the brooder with nipples and a water bucket to feed the pipe?
Hoping to come up with a idea that is relatively easy to constuct as the chicks started hatching today.
Thanks

I have a brooder that looks similar to yours. I've been wondering about a nipple watering system for it too. As an alternative I suggest the watering caps that can be used with an upsidedown 20 oz soda bottle. These can be mounted on the outside. Since I ultimately will convert them to a nipple waterer, however, it would be nice to jump right to them from the start. I hope you get some good suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom