Oct 22, 2022
Hello! How's your day going? :)
I had just candled my eggs on day 15 but saw no air sack. It
may be my lights problem but I see absolutely no air sack. Maybe
they might have died???? Has anyone every experienced this
with quail eggs??

Thanks

Which type of quail are you raising?
I had a similar situation with my button quail, and it turned out the chick had pipped through the air sac and it hatched two days later.
It may have pipped through the air sac and it's head is filling the space of the air sac as it prepares to pip the eggshell.
Which end of the egg are you candling?
Are you in a very dark room?

Courtix quail. Yes, I am in a very dark room. I'm worried still. Candling was 2 days age(today's day 17) and it hasn't pipped. I want to help it but I can''t. :hit

Last edited:
Yes, I saw the chicks and the veins. Does that mean alive? I'm worried about the air sack still though. It's day 17, no pipping or hatching. :( I think it's alive, but also kinda not alive??? Tomorrows day 18... no pipping.

My camera's broken. :hit I would if I can, but it's day 17 and I heard you're not suppose to touch or move them. They have been in 98-101 degrees for the past 17 days.
I'm not sure if I should candle. They were moving a little today and yesterday.

My camera's broken. :hit I would if I can, but it's day 17 and I heard you're not suppose to touch or move them. They have been in 98-101 degrees for the past 17 days.
I'm not sure if I should candle. They were moving a little today and yesterday.
Ok, what was the date of setting? They can be touched in lock down as long as you put them in the same position. Did you calibrate your incubator to make sure it's sensors are accurate?

OCt 8 was the setting. I did calibrate. Maybe they'll hatch tomorrow?????? I will candle them today or tomorrow. They were moving however(shaking??), does that mean they're alive?

OCt 8 was the setting. I did calibrate. Maybe they'll hatch tomorrow?????? I will candle them today or tomorrow. They were moving however(shaking??), does that mean they're alive?
Just be patient, moving means they're getting ready to hatch. tomorrow is day 17, you don't count to first day.
It's unusual for there to be no air sac, we're these shipped? It might just be hard to see.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/coturnix-incubation-tips.76184/

Back
Top Bottom