Problem Solved

Personally I would take the shoe off, she probably doesn't really need it at this stage and it's likely stressing her out. When I have very small beginning bumbles I use a clean toothbrush and scrub it for a few seconds with colorless iodine, then put either a silver cream, vetericyn, or antibiotic ointment on top - keep her out of the water ten minutes while it soaks in, and do this a couple times a day. It sounds like yours is still at the beginning stages, so maybe you can clear it up this way, but just keep a close eye on it and see if it's getting better or worse.

BTW, if you're ever having a duck issue and not getting help on this forum, you can also post on the duck forum.

Also, when you have a bumblefoot question it can be very helpful to post a photo of the bottom of the foot. It sounds like you've created a wonderful home for your ducks. I remember when my first duck got a bumble at about the same age - I was so upset because I'd been working so hard to make everything so great for them. I went through my whole set-up and analyzed everything, even had my husband round the edges of their concrete stepping stone in the pool. But it just happens and it's not completely unavoidable. I think as they age their feet start to get tougher and they are less susceptible.

Back
Top Bottom