No crow collar is not working

fanceychicken

Hatching
Jun 26, 2015
PA
I have silky bantam rooster and my no crow collar works for him... Then I have a Leghorn Rock mix and my collar does not work on him... I have loosened and tightened it... I want to keep my rooster but if he keeps crowing the neighbors will complain and I will have to rehome him...what can i do???

Last edited:
I would be interested to see if this works, we are not really supposed to have roosters in our neighborhood because of the crowing, but we live next to a greenbelt and have seen Eagles and Hawks. We have 2 small dogs out with them, but I would like the added protection of a rooster if we can find a way to keep one quiet.

That is true they could, although the dogs are pretty good at barking in warning when anything comes around the yard that shouldn't be there. They are however getting older and their eyes and ears are not what they used to be.

No one in the neighborhood has lost a dog or cat to the eagles yet. They would probably try for the chickens first.

I think it will work it worked on my sillkie bantom rooster...and i think i got it adjusted for my leghorn rock mix finally....i ajusted it several times today and it was like he was helping me figure it out because every time i adjusted it he would try to crow and the last time i put it low on his neck and it was allot quieter. ..the real test would be in the morning

And as far as having a rooster for the protection of the flock is a great idea and roosters are just allot of fun in general they each have there own (im the king personality) but t he fun part is convincing them that you are not a threat to the flock ....but I got mine as chicks and was going to give my roosters away but then i fell in love with them and decided to keep them and try the collars. ..good luck

Hello, I thought I would tack my no-crow question onto here as I am trying to find an answer quickly. I made a no-crow collar for our roo, which worked like a charm until the day before yesterday. Suddenly his crow got MUCH louder, and I'm in the city so need to solve asap or he's dinner. I've checked the position and tightness of the collar, both of which seem fine (collar hasn't moved or loosened).

I have no idea what is going on. I'm grasping at straws here, but wondered if maybe his air sac has moved or has gotten bigger as he is maturing? Maybe I need a wider collar? Other thoughts? He is just over 4 months old,mixed heritage breed, and is mating with the ladies already.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom