no crow collars

@Peep-Chicken ...
...it's too bad we don't live closer, I have at least 4 different silkie roos you could chose from, all with their own unique roar...lol !!!

@JennyBean ...
...I'll update on my progress as well...!!! Good Luck!
thumbsup.gif

I just found out my No crow rooster collar was just shipped yesterday.( 1 week after ordering) They must be busy with orders or they are made to order.

All I know is that I can't wait to try it and I am keeping fingers crossed it come QUICK!

My little roo has decided to start crowing when he see's me in the back yard. So it can happen at different times of the day. Which wouldn't be a problem for me if we were allowed to have roosters in our neighborhood..
hide.gif

I told my neighbor (who likes chickens about our roo.) They haven't heard him at all. So that makes me feel better at the moment.

In the meantime I'll be waiting..And I will report here when I get it!! *lol*
caf.gif

@JennyBean...
That's so cool. I ordered one around the same time as well and l just got word that they shipped mine out on Friday, so we'll probably get ours about the same time. I can't wait either...wait for some good sleep, that is...lol !!!

I'll keep you posted as well.:)

So excited!! Just received the No crow collar this afternoon!
wee.gif

Now I just have to go and put it on him when I do chicken duty this evening. It didn't come with instructions, I'm going to check out the website I bought it from and see if they have any tips. If I remember right I believe you have to ease them into it as far as keeping the collar loose.

Did you get yours yet MightyMax?? I'll keep you all posted! Good luck~
thumbsup.gif

Quick update

I was able to put the collar on P-Diddy last night for the first time. He tried to back out of it for several minutes, he didn't flip out in a panic and continued to mingle and forage with the others. I took a video with my cell phone, but am unable to post it on here.

* I didn't tighten the collar yet* I wanted to let him get used to it over night.

I checked on him this morning and all is well. He is acting normal and his feathers have layed over the collar nicely.

Tonight I will catch him and tighten it up a little bit and see how he does.

YEAH, YEAH JennyBean...

I just received mine in my mailbox this afternoon as well !!! I'm ecstatic. I wish I felt comfortable enough about his wearing it so I wouldn't have to wait until this weekend to try it out. But I'd just feel terrible if I put it on him and then went somewhere only to come home to find him injured (or worse), so I guess I'll just have to patiently wait for Saturday to roll around...lol !!! Have you tried yours yet? I'm curious to know how hard it was to put on as my roo. has A LOT of neck feathers and they say that you're supposed to place the collar beneath as many of those as possible...we'll see about that...
hide.gif

Well, keep me updated on your (hopeful) success, as I will keep you updated on mine!
Good Luck!

Hi there JennyBean. I was just wondering if you had any luck tightening the collar on P-Diddy this evening. You know, I was looking at the collar earlier today and thought, I sure hope this fits because it's starting to look a little small. Could you tell me (if you have already, I'm sorry, but I forgot) what size you ordered for your silkie rooster? Thanks in advance and I hope you find that the collar really does work!

Hi MightyMax !! I ordered the Medium. P-Diddy is 16 weeks now, so there is room to grow in that collar.

Update: I went out last night and P-Diddy started crowing at us the whole time I walked down to coop. Little turd.*lol* I caught him and tightened it more than I planned at first. It was really loose and he was belting out those crows. After tightening it he did try to back out of it a few times, then went on his business. He never crowed after it was tightened. Even this morning it was super quiet in the hen house. *LOL* I guess I'll find out if it needs tightening when I go let them out later today. He always wants to crow when we come down to let them outside.

I can understand you wanting to wait til you are home to watch him Sat. I just recommend making it loose to get him used to the collar and I put out treats for him to get distracted with. That seems to help. Then you can tighten a little more each day if needed till the crowing is reduced and he is used to something on his neck.

Good luck! Keep me posted and I will do the same. :)

Back
Top Bottom