1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

NO egg withdrawal period with valbazen.....

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by rhotes, Mar 23, 2016.

1. rhotes

rhotes Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2013
    El Paso, TX
    NO egg withdrawal period with valbazen.... have you done it or know someone who has? Care to share your experience? No judgement here, just wondering. PS- please do not respond if you haven't personally done this or personally know someone who has. I already know all the reasons why you "shouldn't." But, hey, enquiring minds want to know!

2. Folly's place

Folly's place Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2011
    It's not approved for use in poultry, so there's no known egg withdrawal period. Piprazine is the only approved wormer, and it only treats roundworms. Mary

3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler!

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Yes, because it hasn't been tested on poultry to establish a withdrawal period.

I'm sure if you use the advanced search function here for 'valbazen' and read thru a ton of posts,
    you'll find folks who have used some kind of withdrawal period,
    and some that have not done any withdrawal and are still breathing.
    At the end of the day it'll still be your risk, or maybe your customers, to undertake as you see fit.

My vet recommends 14 days after last treatment, but I haven't had to use it yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by