No eggs and very jealous..

are guineas hard to raise ?? i never had them before but i sorta want to get some but i have 24 chickens and 34 chicks well 7 chicks and then 9 are hatching in a few days and then 18 more in a week and then ducks would they be fine to raise with chickens and ducks ?? all my birds are in a barn would they be fine in a barn ??

Well, I guess I am in the same boat with the rest of you -
waiting on guinea eggs-
I have picked up over a dozen from the turkeys (3 hens) now.
And I have a pea hen that has started laying, out of 9,
so they may be late too!
must be the crazy cold weather we have had this spring.
my guineas are free ranging & I have 3 dogs that may
be finding them before I do....
Yes, thanks Peeps, for the identifying egg pictures!

And farmer boy,
the guineas can sometimes be bullies, I am
kinda new to them but PeepsCA is a great resource for all
things guinea!!!

Last edited:
well i don't think they would be able to bully my birds lol i have 4 big roosters their the boss of the yard well the alpha one is the boss but the 4 will fight things and then i have 2 big drake boys one is over 10 pounds and then my hens they might get bullied but they will prob stay with the roosters do you think they would be able to hold of hormonel guineas males and if i do get them how many females would i need for like 1 male

Now those sound like my kinda roosters.. the Guinea butt kickin' kind, lol.
1 male Guinea can cover 4-5 Guinea Hens (and keep him very busy/preoccupied, lol).

Hi Julie ok I am down by Truman Lake warsaw if you know where that is would be glad to help you out I do have one hen setting started around the 6 or 7 so will let you know waht happens wish me luck peanut

Oooo, peanut... you really aren't that far, about 4 hours. I am just west of Tulsa. Let me know how things go. It would be the middle of June before I could make the trip, but that is so tempting! =)

sure thing I willkeep you posted we are going to New York in june so maybe we can work something out them havea good day it is raing here like crazy peanut

Julie OK What part of Ok are you in I used to live in Ok when I was younger I live on a farm around Jet if you know where that is very very small towm about 45 miles northeast of Enid. going home on monday can't wait to see my hen setting have a good day peanut

I am near Keystone Lake, just west of Tulsa. I know where Jet is, but have never been there. Hope you had a good trip!

Back
Top Bottom