No Eggs in 8 days

they will stop laying when they go to a new home this is perfectly normal. my new pullet stopped laying for TWO months when I got her. now she lays every day to every other day like clock work. hopefully you won't have to wait as long as I did. but not to worry they will start laying again as soon as they are comfortable and settled in. also I would let the chickens come out of the house at there own pace unless they are staying in there all day then i would help them out. best wishes hope this helps.

The rescued 4 hens and 1 rooster are now outside they are older 1 to 2 years old but now my 11 weeks old hens (7) and rooster (1) seem scared of the 5 and stay far away from them. The 5 are outside and the 8 will be inside or way back on the otherside of the run. Before I brought home the 5 my flock loved to be outside scratching and dust bathing now they seem scared. Will this last very long or should I look at getting rid of the 5 and stick with my original flock?

Last night after doing more research on what plants are toxic to chickens ( I'm building a new garden and wanted it to be chicken safe) first plant I found was alfalfa. And that was exactly what I had in their nesting box's. So I took it out and replaced it with normal hay.

Now I wait again.

i dont get on this site as often as i should, as i find it very interesting. it also makes me realise how lucky i am. no problems with my birds. i buy 25 young, 4 week olds, every 3 months (for the pot). plus i have extra from the broodies. i feed corn and barley daily plus all salad scraps and my oyster shells, which i smash up before and mussel shells. other than that they roam around and look after themselves. i have 15 layers and get around 10 eggs a day. they do go off from time to time but i put it down to holidays. maybe its the climate in france! anyway perservere, i think its great the way you support each other.

Now I've found some very thin unformed eggs in their coop. I think they are old. Im giving them one more week. That will be two full months I've housed non layers. And there out of here. Who would want a chicken who doesn't lay eggs? I paid $45 for the pair. What should I ask for them if selling on Craigs?

I'm sorry your not getting any eggs. I keep my chickens as pets so make sure you do state that. As far as how much I'm clueless.

Back
Top Bottom