No eggs yet!

My Easter Egg Pullet is 34 weeks and has never laid an egg. Now that it is approaching Winter, will she just wait till Spring? Is it possible that she will never lay?

Ours are close to 31 weeks now, 1 out of 3 is laying. Ginger, who started laying almost 2 weeks ago is a champ! She lays 3 days on 1 day off. The eggs are a good size for a beginner and the shells are thicker than store eggs so it seems like she quite healthy.

Can't wait for the other two to start. I think one is a little confused. I heard a rooster-like noise outside this morning and pretty sure we do not have a rooster!! I checked the pelvic bones as someone on here recommended and Pepper (BR) is "any day now". Sydney (the BA) will probably be a while still. Good thing she is pretty ;)

Ours are close to 31 weeks now, 1 out of 3 is laying. Ginger, who started laying almost 2 weeks ago is a champ! She lays 3 days on 1 day off. The eggs are a good size for a beginner and the shells are thicker than store eggs so it seems like she quite healthy. Can't wait for the other two to start. I think one is a little confused. I heard a rooster-like noise outside this morning and pretty sure we do not have a rooster!! I checked the pelvic bones as someone on here recommended and Pepper (BR) is "any day now". Sydney (the BA) will probably be a while still. Good thing she is pretty ;) [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]

My 37 week old Easter Egger FINALLY started laying!!!

We just got our first two eggs, lady few days. Not sure if it's just one of my hens or out second hen. We have three and a rooster. We want eggs and chickens for food so we plan on hatching done of the eggs naturally but I'm assuming giving it's the first time laying they wouldn't lay on them first two eggs were left in the nesting boxes cold. Didn't leave them over night already in the fridge.
1f600.png
Am I doing OK? Sorry cool my 5yr old daughter got to see the first egg come out with me.

Its really exciting when they start to lay. Some of my girls started laying about a week ago. They are Jersey Giants so they are a dual purpose chicken. Ever since that day we've been getting 2-3 eggs every day (I have 12 pullets). They have been very small eggs, only slightly larger than golf balls. But today we got a larger egg. About the size of a medium egg you would get at the store. I get so excited in the morning to go out to the coop and see what the girls left me. One tends to lay in the afternoon but all in the same nest box ( even though I have three boxes in the coop)...lol

Back
Top Bottom