no eggs

llrumsey

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
I have about 11 or 12 hens and for drakes, rouen and pekin, they are one year old and so far this year I have gotten about 6 eggs. That's not a day that is total in the last 3 months. What am I doing wrong?

They free range, I give them crushed corn, milo and wheat, grass clippings and what ever else they can find. I just cant believe that I'm not over run with eggs.

Does anyone have any answers?

How old are your hens. They will lay even without a drake. They wont lay until around 20-24 weeks of age. in general but they will lay steady from there. The heat depending on where you are could be a major factor.

Sounds to me like something is getting your eggs. I didn't get any eggs for a few weeks, then woke up VERY EARLY one morning to discover both a possom (inside the hen-house) and a raven (eating the eggs layed outside.) Between the 2 of them there weren't any left for us.

my ducks are about 1 year old. So that shouldnt be a problem.

As far as varmits, I have 2 chickens and a rooster that house with the ducks and they give me about 2 eggs aday, same age as ducks.

Our weather here, in Nebraska has been freaky, first of all we had weeks of rain and cold weather, then the last three days it has been over 100, now today is a good day.

Some one said that they need 12 hours of light just like the chickens is that true?

Back
Top Bottom