No eggs

Sisters Farms

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 18, 2014
Cordova, alabama
ive had my flock for 6 weeks. I have two 11 month old RIRs and two 12 month old australorps. We were told that they had not Layed eggs yet and probably would soon. Is it normal that they are still not laying. I figure it's because there new to me and they are getting used to their new home, but I'm still curious

ive had my flock for 6 weeks. I have two 11 month old RIRs and two 12 month old australorps. We were told that they had not Layed eggs yet and probably would soon. Is it normal that they are still not laying. I figure it's because there new to me and they are getting used to their new home, but I'm still curious
Gosh, at that age on both of those breeds, they should have started laying several months ago...are you positive (or the person you got them from) of their age(s)?

And yes, you're right...being introduced to new surroundings is quite stressful on chickens and it will take upwards of a week or two for them to calm down. Can you post some pics of your girls...I'm curious to see them.

One other thing to keep in mind, too, is the simple fact that it is now winter...much colder temps, shorter days/sunlight, possible molting coming on. Hens slow down significantly this time of year...it's just a simple fact of life.

I thought about the winter too. And I'm not completely sure of the age but I'll show them tooyou

Not for me. They haven't been that "friendly" yet. They don't let me pet them yet. I believe the austrolarps are squatting. I've noticed that they will lay very flat sometimes. But the RIRs have not at all

Back
Top Bottom