No energy and bright green poop!

I just found this under my RIR's spot on the roost. I'm in the process of trying to get her into the vet but it's the weekend and they're closed. I haven't had time to research yet but I think it's a lash egg. Should I start her on an antibiotic? Should I separate her and bring her in the house where she'll be warm? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My goodness you're having a time! Never seen anything like that. Looks like the poop is green? Still having those issues? So sorry.

Yes, we're having a rough time alright! I was relieved when all tests came back negative on the final report but suspected something was still off with Purdy. I thought she was hiding in the coop from our rooster due to the painful pin feathers on her back but ...obviously that's not the case. I sure hope I don't lose her. She's my sweet, loving, communicative, all time favorite girl.

I just found this under my RIR's spot on the roost. I'm in the process of trying to get her into the vet but it's the weekend and they're closed. I haven't had time to research yet but I think it's a lash egg. Should I start her on an antibiotic? Should I separate her and bring her in the house where she'll be warm? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What antibiotics do you have?

-Kathy

Tylan 50, Oxytetracycline HCI and Duramycin-10. I've never used them before so if you suggest I do could you please tell me how much and how to administer? My math is horrible!

Also, DD has Breakfast with Santa @ her school this morning so I will not be able to communicate for the next couple hours :he.

I ended up getting some Baytril 22.7 tabs from the vet and gave one pill twice a day for 8 days. Then she got vitamins, electrolytes and probios following treatment. She seems to be doing much better and her symptoms have all cleared up. Sorry I failed to post an update. It's been one thing after another around here!

So now my white bresse has green poo and I sawsomething flesh colored in her poo...

I put her in the bathtub yesterday. She seems to be eating and drinking a little bit. I'm so worried!

I have sulmet, corid, duramycin and tylan 50 injections available to give her... which should I give her!?

She has good weight on her, can walk.. just not very active and the poo is weird and funny weird flesh colored poo.

So now my white bresse has green poo and I sawsomething flesh colored in her poo...

I put her in the bathtub yesterday. She seems to be eating and drinking a little bit. I'm so worried!

I have sulmet, corid, duramycin and tylan 50 injections available to give her... which should I give her!?

She has good weight on her, can walk.. just not very active and the poo is weird and funny weird flesh colored poo.

I personally do not have enough experience to properly guide you. Hopefully @casportpony will see this and lend her expertise. So sorry you are going through this. :hugs

Green poo is not good. From what I've read on BYC before, she isn't processing the food properly. That is bile. I've had them do that and tried everything (antibiotics, tube feeding) and they either ended up dying or I put them down. I think it means organ failure. Sorry. Hope you can try something and it works for you and your chicken.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom