No Farms No Food

lau.gif
those poor folks giving away bumper stickers are going to be shocked at all the orders come monday morning
lau.gif

Quote:
We're full time farmer/ranchers. There were many years in the past we would have qualified for food stamps.....but I never applied for them. Made do with our garden and meat in the freezer and went with out a lot of things. Something is wrong with the system when the people growing the food can't afford to go shopping at the grocery store.

Bravo!!!! as the wife of a UK farmer..I applaud you..it is imperative the we educate every nation that food starts with the FARMER!!! and not not the supermarkets...we too have had exceptionally hard times over the years and still today kids in schools don't know where their food really comes from........could really get on my soapbox.....I even rant in the aisles of Asda (Walmart UK)..about their importing Argentinian beef etc....oh oh got to stop!!!! or be censored!

smile.png
You don't want to get me started on the amount of food we import!!!! That is another issue that gets me going!!

Buster....I want you to know you derailed my plans for this morning. I'm sitting here trying to finish getting our tax stuff together for our CPA....our federal and state taxes are due March 1 since we're farm income only. My appt is on tuesday so I need to get it done, but I keep coming back to check on this thread!!
roll.png

If all my meat had country of origin labeling like my clothes and tools did, I know which I would prefer. Another reason why I'd rather raise a beef or a pig or buy one from someone locally than buy from the store.

Quote:
gig.gif
That's what I'm here for!
frow.gif

It's ok, I've derailed my own plans to get the house company ready for my wife's boss's family coming for dinner tonight.
lau.gif

Your deadline is closer than mine!!!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom