No good deed ever goes unpunished!!! - Part II 😜

To help relieve itching from poison ivy you can use heat- as in hold the affected area under REALLY hot (as hot has you can stand it) water for as long as you can stand it. (Or use a hair dryer - same concept, keep the heat on as long as you can stand it) It will start to itch and burn like MAD for a minute as all the histamine in that area is released, after that intense itching has passed the area will not itch again until your body builds back up histamine stores-about 8 hours. It’s probably not good for your skin to do this-but neither is scratching yourself raw and potentially giving yourself an infection.
I use this remedy for both poison ivy reactions and when I get dishydrotic eczema.

To help relieve itching from poison ivy you can use heat- as in hold the affected area under REALLY hot (as hot has you can stand it) water for as long as you can stand it. (Or use a hair dryer - same concept, keep the heat on as long as you can stand it) It will start to itch and burn like MAD for a minute as all the histamine in that area is released, after that intense itching has passed the area will not itch again until your body builds back up histamine stores-about 8 hours. It’s probably not good for your skin to do this-but neither is scratching yourself raw and potentially giving yourself an infection.
I use this remedy for both poison ivy reactions and when I get dishydrotic eczema.
I Tried that yesterday with a hot water bottle: It works! - Yes, after three weeks my arm is still itching! The high temperature gave me a welcomed relief from the itch overnight, then it started again. How long will this go on?

Well, I am able to go outside here, but not to the library or any other interesting places. It’s a bit of a long story.
We can go almost anywhere here in WV, except for the state parks and recreation areas. Some stores are asking you to wear a mask inside, but most do not care at all.

I Tried that yesterday with a hot water bottle: It works! - Yes, after three weeks my arm is still itching! The high temperature gave me a welcomed relief from the itch overnight, then it started again. How long will this go on?
Is the rash completely gone yet? I find the itching will continue for couple weeks AFTER the rash is gone. There will be days that you are scratching and wonder why and then you remember that that is the spot where you had the poison ivy. It will very slowly fade. Be patient, it sucks, sorry.

Me too. 😭 Yesterday was my last day of prednisone and I still have some itchy places.
It feels like it's never going to end.

Back
Top Bottom