no love for the love bugs PIC ADDED

Oh my....I hate those box elder bugs. They take over a whole side of my house (on the outside) but pretty soon you find them everywhere...or lil dried up bug bodies everywhere!
barnie.gif

One of the rumors of their origin is that UF brought them over hoping they would eat mosquitoes. The other one I've heard is that they were blown in by a hurricane... I'm pretty sure both are urban legends.

And yes they are Horrible here! Wash cars quickly they r acidic and will eat paint off May help is u spray bumper w/ pam they r hard to get off. They are attracted to light colors and hate coffee so u may try putting coffee grounds around windows and doors. They'll be gone once the weather cools off. They come out in May and Sept every year. We had late freezes here so the first LoveBug battle wasn't so bad this year but the 2nd round has been pretty bad. My dad always said when u start seeing yellow butterflies that the lovebugs aren't far behind!

They are flying here in north Florida too. They were talking about them on the news. They said they are really a breed of flies. They will be around until November here ugh!!!Keep the fabric softener sheets handy they take them off you grill on the car.

* Yeah, I figured it must be the geckos or some of the other lizards eating them. . .I've only had a few this year. Had 2 "bonded" pairs in the house last week before a rain, though. For me though, the geckos are nastier. Droppings on windowsills and LOTS of eggshells every time you have to open an electrical box (lightswitches and plug outlets).
sad.png

We get tons of them, twice a year it seems, they're NASTY. They seem to LOVE my upstairs bathroom for some reason - must be some easy way in.

My daughter mowed the yard today and you would have thought she stirred up a hornets nest. The number of lovebugs quadrupled while she was mowing...I guess she disturbed them.

They also seem to be attracted to white more than other colors...particularly my white car!
hmm.png

Swarms of them. On my screen door. My windows. The other windows. I can't get away!! I hate them! UGH! They smell bad, too...

...and when I go outside, there's a swarm, waiting for me. Ready to stick to me.

Back
Top Bottom