No one wants to hear it! (pics and videos)

Here is a short video of marshmellow the EE rooster
When you think of a marshmallow... you think of white.. soooooo, is he named Marshmellow because he looks like a toasted/roasted marshmallow?? :lol:... he sure looks that way to me!
Btw... he is GAW-JUSS!!! I think EE’s are the prettiest roosters :love

98A11465-700E-4449-A85F-4A2031442A6D.jpeg
9DDD3824-A50B-4692-9BF6-AE9FB673B8CE.jpeg
95CFE261-1E72-43BD-8DC2-B80C485D3D2B.jpeg
4A7026B1-2DAC-4B59-B3DD-DBA5C20E6539.jpeg
98A11465-700E-4449-A85F-4A2031442A6D.jpeg
Wow! I’ve never seen more gorgeous pictures of chickens. My photography skills are lacking for sure but snapped a few pics on my iPhone of a couple of my girls to share

Edit: Clearly, Im not sure how to post pictures....geesh

Is the third one down.. a Black Copper Marans? I gotta have one!

They are beautiful. My Patsy looks like your third one down. What kind of hen is she?

Yes, She is a French Black Copper Maran.. She is a big gal and lays nice dark brown eggs. She only lays probably 3 to 5 times a week on average so not an everyday layer.
She was just drinking out of an open container or water thats why she is wet on the front of her neck. Ill see if I can find a full picture of her to post. I was told when i got her she was directly from Little Pedlar lines of FBCM. Don't even ask me what I paid for her as a day old chick....but she's worth it.

gorgeous pictures of gorgeous birds :yesss:

Thank you. I love my girls.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0031.JPG
IMG_0267.JPG
The third picture, the dark eggs are what she is laying now. The last picture with the very dark egg is when she first started laying. So not sure this is normal that they lighten up with age but I think so. They are still pretty though and she lays my biggest eggs. The 4th picture is when she was still a pullet. I do love the breed but good ones are hard to find. I have two maran eggs in the incubator now but I think they are Wheaten Maran eggs or they could be black copper..time will tell...

View attachment 1688300 View attachment 1688301 View attachment 1688303 View attachment 1688305 View attachment 1688307 The third picture, the dark eggs are what she is laying now. The last picture with the very dark egg is when she first started laying. So not sure this is normal that they lighten up with age but I think so. They are still pretty though and she lays my biggest eggs. The 4th picture is when she was still a pullet. I do love the breed but good ones are hard to find. I have two maran eggs in the incubator now but I think they are Wheaten Maran eggs or they could be black copper..time will tell...
Fabulous! Gorgeous pics!
I am going today to pick one up from a feed store... although I don’t think mine will be as lovely as yours.. probably mostly black without the brown neck .. maybe there’s a difference between the French black copper and just the black copper:confused:... from pics that I have seen.. some have the brown necks and some don’t.. perhaps it’s quality of breed/breeder?

Fabulous! Gorgeous pics!
I am going today to pick one up from a feed store... although I don’t think mine will be as lovely as yours.. probably mostly black without the brown neck .. maybe there’s a difference between the French black copper and just the black copper:confused:... from pics that I have seen.. some have the brown necks and some don’t.. perhaps it’s quality of breed/breeder?
I think the difference between black copper maran and french black copper maran is the french have feathers on their legs and regular copper marans dont. But I could be wrong for sure. Also I think the bronze on the head and neck is desirable but I'd have to check the standard to be sure. Post a pic of your chickie baby when you get it. Pick the one with the least amount of white/yellow on its body. Im pretty sure the darkest chicks turn out the most correct but again I could be totally wrong but I feel like i read that somewhere:idunno

9BEFE448-2EC0-4F4C-86C0-A318E3775172.jpeg
I think the difference between black copper maran and french black copper maran is the french have feathers on their legs and regular copper marans dont. But I could be wrong for sure. Also I think the bronze on the head and neck is desirable but I'd have to check the standard to be sure. Post a pic of your chickie baby when you get it. Pick the one with the least amount of white/yellow on its body. Im pretty sure the darkest chicks turn out the most correct but again I could be totally wrong but I feel like i read that somewhere:idunno
I believe you’re right about the feathered legs.. and I read there are French COPPER Marans and just black Marans.. buuuuut, when I got to the store they actually had Cuckoo Marans.. so I went ahead and got one of those... it’s the little black and white one.. the other is an EE:)

Back
Top Bottom