no subject anymore

Just occured to me that "he" could be a woman and is being cautious about letting people on the internet know where "he" lives. It as OK for others to be suspicious of our intentions as we are of theirs.

But, if you feel weird about it, go with your gut (as you did) and find another seller.

I used to be very trusting, thought all poultry lover are good people until I had a run in with this Young man - who I'm pretty sure stole my birds.
He had visit my property before, shown great interest toward my birds, knowing where I live and the whole set up. Always call/check on me, asked what I have, any thing new etc.,
At that time Marans was hot, he was desperately wanted to get some marans to make a fast buck but I refused to sell. Guess what, day later he came back and help himself to total 3 of them. First time I lost one, day later lost 2 more. Thief stop after I called and told him I had set the camera on the property.
Funny thing is that he actually try to sell me my own marans (could be someone elses that he stole from) back to me for $100 each, or $250 for a trio. What a @#$%!!!
Now I have camera and big dogs, am very careful of who I allow to visit my birds.
There are skunk bag or should I say "wolf in sheep clothing" our there. Just be aware! Please!

Angie/fowlrus - home of the Showgirl/Silkie and Marans.

I have came across this alot. Some people just are not conmfortable meeting people over the internet. They her the horror story on dateline or oprah and scares them. I breed dogs to for a long time after that dog breeder was murder a few years ago. I was unconfortable for a while. That could be it.

I really see nothing unusual in what he said. Chicken thefts are becoming an issue again, it seems. Too many diseases can be walked in on clothes and shoes, etc. I think caution is called for on the part of buyer and seller. I'd ask for pictures of his stock, ask if he'd had any illness, etc. Then arrange to meet up somewhere neutral and public place and examine the birds carefully. If they dont match what you were told or shown in pics, then dont buy.

Meet them at a public location that is being monitored, e.g., park across from the police station.

Same is true for buying/selling high value items on a cash basis (prefer the lobby of the Bank of America in Columbia; cameras and couches - B/S laptops not rifles!).

Back
Top Bottom