In the Brooder
Nov 29, 2018
https://www.backyardchickens.com/
A

Help my duck wont stop quaking​

Add page
UnwatchAdd bookmark
•••
Hi:), I need help please !! I have 2 beautiful ducks one muscovy and one Pekin, that I rescued from a swapmeet when they were ducking . All had been well, until like last week . Micheal just started to scream But I mean..SCREAM!! And it was for anything and everything. . It's gotten to the point we can't even step outside cus she will start machine gun quacking and it goes on for hours ! and that makes Emily , very upset and shell come out of her coop just to chase Michael which in turns has Michael screaming louder. So Emily is more nippy towards her now And idk what to do . I dont want to get rid of my girl as I would feel AWFUL just abandoning her, but she's causing us , my neighbors and my muscovy a lot of anxiety with her endless quacking . So I NEED HELP PLEASE . I thought it was cus of her egg laying but no, she laid them.months before and there was no sound. Emily begun to lay them 2 months ago the same thing no quacking from Michael . This just happened like a week ago. Like I was outside with them changing their water and she went inside the water and started quacking . I took it as happy quacks. Til she did it non stop . Like just walking and quacking.. and we'll literally see her just minding her own business ..walk around, look around and then QUACK and once she starts she doesnt stop .. But gets a lot worse if she sees were going back inside or just doing other things like cleaning up their area , turning a corner , basically not being able to see us , and it hasn't stopped. I thought maybe she sees something so I put her in the coop for a little, but sadly, no...just screams extra loud .I've moved her 3 times in hopes maybe its the area or the bedding or the coop. But she still screams .
Please help .

Hmmm if you just have 2 ducks and one is muscovy, she could maybe be being loud to try and attract another duck friend she can talk to? Muscovy and mallard derived breeds do not speak the same language, so if you have either it is very important to have 2 of each so they have a friend they can talk to. Maybe if you brought in another mallard derived girl and another muscovy girl she'd have someone to talk to and calm down.

Hmmm if you just have 2 ducks and one is muscovy, she could maybe be being loud to try and attract another duck friend she can talk to? Muscovy and mallard derived breeds do not speak the same language, so if you have either it is very important to have 2 of each so they have a friend they can talk to. Maybe if you brought in another mallard derived girl and another muscovy girl she'd have someone to talk to and calm down.
Alrighty! If I get an other pekin should I get a Male or female . Someone messaged me and suggested inget a Male but I'm scared cus I heard what they can do :( . So please what do u recommend I get an other female or male?

Back
Top Bottom