Noisy Brand New Egg Turner???

ChickSter99

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 19, 2012
South GA
I 'm new to the egg hatching addiction...but yesterday my egg turner came in before my incubator. It's a Havo-bator. Just standard for hatching chickens. And of course, the eggs came in today. So, I plugged up the turner just to keep the eggs moving. Well, this one Pops very loudly when it cycles. It does make it's cycles, but it's noisy. Does anyone else have that problem? I have worries about the eggs being jarred. I also have a Little Giant with a turner and it is quiet. All I hear from that one is the fan very quietly running. Oh...before anyone worries...I did bumm an Old incubator from a neighbor until my new one comes in. I couldn't let anything happen to my feather babies:)

yep,mine is a brinsea mini advance- and there is a loud grinding sound out of it when turning though it did the job alright-have got two rascals and two mummys girls/boys.
brinsea themselves say the incubators shoudnt be noisy ,so perhaps there is an issue with the motor on both of ours? perhaps loose bearings at a purely random guess?

might be worth emailing the makers of the hovabator and asking them what to do.

Thanks for letting me know. I had to unplug mine last night. My kids kept running in my room thinking someone was trying to get in the house. It was just so loud. I had to hand turn them this morning. I hate to spend $50+ on a turner that doesn't work. I guess what they say is true "you get what you pay for". I checked the edges because it looks like it was popped out of a mold and the pieces weren't trimmed appropriately. I tried filing the edges some but that didn't help. I think it is in the motor. Last night, I read somewhere that this particular turner could not handle a load of eggs. It's supposed to hold 41 chicken eggs and have 30 with the weight evenly distributed in the middle. Not sure. Yours costs a whole lot more than mine did. I would hope they would replace it under the manufactures warranty.

Update: I emailed the manufacture of the egg turner and they are sending me a new motor. If that doesn't solve the problem, a new turner.
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom